Chapter 50

Hugh's POV

A few weeks later, I wake up in the morning, and I can hear that Jonah is still in the bed, which is weird, because usually one of us is woken up by our son at very early hour.

So, I turn on my other side, and I play with my mate's hair, waiting for him to wake up.

He does so a long while later, and he looks at me with a smile.

"The baby's still sleeping?" He asks me, so I nod.

"I think so, but I we should most likely check if he's alright." I say.

Jonah agrees, so we get out of the bed, and we change our clothes, before we go to our son's room.

When we enter it, we find my fathers, who are sitting on the couch that is in the room.

I frown at them, wanting to know the reason why they're here, instead of still sleeping.

"What's wrong?" I ask them.

"Nothing's wrong." Papa says.

"Then why are you guys here?" I ask curiously, then I go to take the baby from dad, making sure that he's still fine.

"We have something for you." Dad says, looking at us.

"What?" Jonah asks.

"Well, we thought that you might want some more room to raise your son, and any other kid that you might have, and we know that Hugh won't mind living here.

But we have built a house for each of our older kids, so it would be unfair if we didn't do the same for the rest." Dad says, and Jonah's eyes widen when he realises what dad is trying to say.

"So here are the keys." Papa says, giving me two keys. "You should go in the way of Wyatt's house, but turn right a bit after the halfway." He explains, so I nod, before I look at the keys, and then at Jonah.

"Let's see the house." Jonah tells me with a smile, so I smile back, and I quickly dress our son in warmer clothes, while my parents leave the room.

When the baby is ready to go outside, I take Jonah's hand, and I lead him in the direction that papa told us to go.

We quickly reach the house, and I smile when I see it.

"You can open the door." I tell Jonah, but instead of doing it, he takes our son from my arms, and he tells me to do it.

So, I happily go towards the front door of the house, that I hope will be too big for my family, and after the door is unlocked, I open it, and I let Jonah step inside first.

We walk around the house, and when we're done looking at everything, we decide to sit on the couch.

I didn't expect to be this happy about having my own house, but I think that I will enjoy having a bit of peace.

I know that I will feel weird without all the noise that my siblings make, but it definitely won't be very quiet, because we already have a kid, so I guess that it will be fine.