Chapter 35

Jonah's POV

Hugh let me borrow his car, so I take the keys, and I go downstairs to find someone that will help me get to that big building, I think that call it a pack house.

I find Mason in the living room, and he agrees to take me there, so I follow him, and soon we reach Hugh's car, so I thank him, and I climb inside, before I drive away, following the path that will lead me out of the pack lands, hopefully.

The drive to my house takes longer than I have expected, but I finally reach it, and I go inside of the house, hoping that my nephew is there.

I find him in the living room, so I look at him from the doorway, and it takes a while for him to realise that I'm here, because he's on his phone.

When he looks up at me, I smile at him, and he frowns.

"You're alright?" He asks me, and I glare at him.

"Yes. Can't I be happy?" I ask him.

"Of course, you can, but you're mostly not this happy, especially not this early in the morning." He tells me, and I frown, before I look at my watch to see that it's a lot earlier than I have thought.

I have no idea how I managed to wake up this early, and I didn't even notice.

"Anyway. Where were you?" He asks me curiously.

"In a werewolf pack." I tell him, which makes him laugh.

"Alright, it's a secret, I get it." He tells me.

"No, I'm serious." I say.

"Sure." He tells me with an eye roll, really not believing me, but I can't say that I'm surprised about it.

"You have half an hour to pack, or I won't take you there." I tell him, and he frowns at me for a while, wondering if I'm serious or not, but finally he stands up, and he goes upstairs, hopefully to pack some of his things.

I wait on him in the living room, and soon he comes downstairs, carrying a bag.

I stand up from the couch, and I lead him outside, where Hugh's car is waiting.

"Where's Hugh?" Laken asks when he notices the car.

"He's waiting at his house, I borrowed his car, because I left mine here." I tell him. "By the way, you should probably take your car and follow me there, because you will have to bring me here, so I will be able to take my car too." I explain, and he agrees.

We get into the cars, and I start to drive towards the pack lands, hoping that I remember the way.

We manage to get there, and then I curse when I realise that we will have to walk through the pack lands alone.

Laken gets out of his car, oblivious to the danger that hides in the humans that are passing out cars.

And he makes his way towards me, so I sigh in frustration, before I open the door, hoping that no one will murder me or Laken, before we will make it to Hugh's house.