Chapter 39

Hugh's POV

The second month of my pregnancy definitely isn't easy.

The Doctor said that the kid isn't doing well, and that I shouldn't even sit on the bed, so my back is hurting from the lack of movement.

As if this wasn't enough, my head is hurting enough to make me wince every time that someone speaks, so everyone tries to be as quiet as they can while speaking to me.

I think that I might go crazy soon, and I started to think if this kid is even worth it, but I quickly cut those thoughts off, of course this kid is worth it.

Doctor Chris also confirmed that Jonah and I are expecting a boy, so Jonah started to make a room for the baby.

At least one good thing is that we have two spare rooms, so Laken took one, and the other one will be for this baby, at least until Jonah and I will move out of here.

I'm pretty sure that I will get a house, as all of my elder siblings did, but I'm not very sure of that, and I don't want to get my hopes up, just to end up in the pack house later on.

But it be honest, if I won't get a house then I doubt that I will ever move out of here.

I don't really mind this house, and all of my brother's will most likely move out soon, so it will be only my parents and my family.

Not ideal, but definitely not the worst thing that might happen to me.

I hear a knock on the door, so I look at it for a while, considering if I should let this person in, I really didn't feel like talking to anyone, but I'm also pretty bored, and I could use some company.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"Can I come in?" Xander asks me from the other side of the door.

"Sure." I say, and right after that, the door opens, and Xander comes inside.

"Hey." He tells me, and I motion for him to sit on the bed.

"I'm bored." I complain.

"I'm not surprised." He says, with a small chuckle.

"Well, if you want something entertaining, then think about the fact that the twins will most likely get their mates soon, and you can imagine how competitive they will be then." He says, talking about our brothers, who hate each other since I remember.

"I bet that they will have the same mate." I say, laughing slightly and Xander's eyes widen.

"I doubt that they would survive that." He responds. "Or their mate." He says.

"Yeah, they would either try to kill each other or cut that poor man in half." I say, and the both of us laugh.

We continue making assumptions about our brothers' future mates, and not much later, my mate comes back from his journey to the bathroom, so my brother excuses himself, before promising to come back tomorrow, and Jonah helps me get ready for bed.