2

Ally

"Good morning,"

"Hey,"

"Hi,"

"You're in a good mood," June said, taking my bag from me, "Is it because you have science with Charles?"

"No!"

"Yes it is!"

"Where is Axel?"

"He... bumped into Charles,"

"Hope he's putting in a good word,"

"I don't have a crush on Charles,"

It was true, I didn't. I wasn't entirely sure I was capable of crushes right now given my head was still very much not clear. I didn't want a relationship, they looked complicated and I didn't need anymore complicated.

Axel on the other hand, did have a crush on him and I was obviously his wing woman, so when I got partnered with Charles in science I made sure he was a good person, and that he knew Axel was a good person too. He actually turned out to be really nice, I considered him a friend now.

"Ally, wait up!"

He ran up behind us and grinned, then took my bag from June to carry.

"Was Ax not with you?"

"He was but he's gone to the bathroom, ready for the practical?"

"Um, I'm not sure,"

"It's okay, the teachers like you so they'll help us,"

"That's true, every teacher loves you," Maria said, "Lucky,"

"I work hard,"

"Some would call you a nerd,"

"No. My dad is a nerd and I am not like my dad,"

"I feel like you kinda are like your dad,"

"No,"

"Oh! You know who you do look like though? Gabi," Haz said.

"I do?"

"Yeah, you're believable cousins,"

"We're not cousins,"

"Oh, sorry,"

"She is a real nerd, not me. Axel is the nerd!"

"Maybe we are all nerds, I mean, June cries if she gets less than 90% on anything,"

"I'm not a nerd," I said sharply, covering my mouth afterwards. I didn't usually get mad, but I didn't like being called names.

"Too right," Charles said, "Now if you excuse us, we have a practical to do,"

We sat at our desk and I got my things out, watching for Axel to walk in. I got partnered with Charles because he was a science genius and I was, well, a liability. He did track, and his family apparently volunteered all the time- he was really nice.

I was the one who introduced him to Axel. He had always been pretty fluid with who has got crushes on and I thought Charles would be a very nice person to live with if I ended up living with Axel. He was tall too, and funny, and he looked after me like he was my own brother.

I knew Axel would love him. I was a really good wingwoman .

"Al, do you reckon Axel would come to mine tonight?"

"I don't know. We are having veggie burgers,"

He laughed, but I was serious, so then he nodded and tapped his pen.