to dad, from ally

To the best dad ever

We wanted to do something kind and special for you because you are kind to us, and make us feel special. You make me feel like the most loved and special daughter in the world which is not something I thought I would ever feel.

I know that sometimes I seem stupid, and childish, but I do have a lot of complex thoughts and feelings. You never belittle me, even when I don't express my feelings in a way that shows they are complex.

I think about you de-matting my hair very often. At the time, it was the most kindness I had ever experienced in my life. I think my group home did their best, but they didn't try and help. I know I was nasty and bad but you didn't let that stop you helping because you have a really big heart. It is a gesture I will be treasuring for the rest of my life.

Still, it has not been easy to trust you. I faked it a lot at the start, and I definitely do not trust the universe to make things go my way, ever. I definitely trust you now, and I trust that you will be able to fix something if it goes wrong. You are like a superhero. I think you always say the right thing, do the right thing, know the right thing advice. Maybe I should trust life a bit more because it did bring me you, but it put me through a lot of hell so I am not sure.

It still hurts me, a lot, dad. I have lots of fun but it always sticks in my mind, so I am sorry for eating too much, or crying too much, or going silent. I know you try hard and I never mean to scare you or upset you, but I am learning and I know you know that, which is why you don't get mad.

It is really nice to live in a home where you don't get mad about mistakes.

You and Axel are the most important people in my life, and I scare myself thinking what life would be like without you. I am so glad I was brave and came and met you. I love you so much that it freaks me out a bit because I have never had a parent to love until these past few months. You make scary things less scary, and happy things more happy. I think you are a wonderful human and I am always so jealous of people who have known you all their life. Axel says we didn't start living until we moved here, though, so I guess maybe I have known you all my life too.

Thank you for being so kind
I love you lots and lots forever
Ally xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx