40

Ashton

To my surprise, Axel and Charles let Ally hang out with them for a bit, then after lunch she came and laid in my room to have a nap. I read to her until she fell asleep, then kept her in my arms while I watched some tv. Her emotions physically exhausted her so much sometimes, and I couldn't help but make a little dad bubble round her and protect her.

I let her sleep for a couple of hours, then woke her up by gently rubbing her cheek. She wasn't too happy with me, but kept her eyes open.

"Would you like to have a special tea tonight? You have been super brave,"

"Like what?"

"I could do a barbecue, or we could order takeout,"

"Order takeout,"

"Have a think what you'd like then,"

"My arm is really bruised,"

"Yeah, that can happen after a blood test. Just leave it alone,"

"Okay,"

"How are you feeling now?"

"I dunno. I think I want to forget today happened,"

"Alright. Still up for the zoo tomorrow?"

"Yeah,"

"Good, because I already got the tickets," I laughed, brushing my fingers through her hair, "Why don't you go and have a shower, get some fresh pjs on?"

"Can we order food before?"

"What are you thinking?"

"A chicken burger,"

"I will find you a good one then. You love a burger, don't you?"

"I think it is my favourite right now,"

"I think it's always your favourite. I will go and see what the boys want,"

I kissed her cheek, and she kissed mine back, then took herself out to shower.

Ax and Charles were very cosy in his bed, and I expected he would ask for a sleepover. They seemed keen to order food, then I did Ally's and my own, heading downstairs to unload the dishwasher so we had something to eat off.

It didn't take too long for it to come, and when I went to take it upstairs I found Axel drying Ally's hair while Charles laid on the bed. Neither of them seemed annoyed, still, but I wasn't sure they would be totally fond of Ally interrupting multiple times.

"Ally, why don't we watch something in my room?"

"She can stay with us," Axel said, "We wanna watch something,"

"Alright,"

"Can Charles stay over?"

"Not tonight, we are going to the zoo tomorrow. I can drop you back home late if you want though,"

"Whatever is easiest for you,"

"Eleven?"

"Okay," Axel mumbled, "Can he stay another night?"

"Of course, it's just the zoo. Enjoy your food,"

They all squished on the bed, Charles in Axel's arms, and Ally in Charles' arms, so I left them be. Instead, I went to my room and called Gabi, who picked up immediately.

"Hi Ashton!"

"Hello darling! How are you doing?"

"I am good," she said, her voice kind of slurred, "I am going out tonight,"