15

Alyssa

"What the hell are you doing here?"

"Came to see if you wanted to shop, we didn't go on Tuesday," Gabi said, who had let herself into my room.

"I just woke up,"

"Damn, I have done a whole lecture already. Get dressed, I'll make breakfast,"

"Where's dad?"

"Teaching Axel the drums I think. Boring, and smelly, come on. You need shopping,"

She held her hand out and pulled me out of bed, then called Maddox upstairs.

"Help Alyssa choose an outfit and do her makeup, I'm gonna go and make pancakes,"

"You don't have to help me,"

"I will,"

Immediately, she went into my wardrobe and picked out some clothes for me, then left while I changed. It was a cute outfit, then she did some makeup for me. As well as getting closer to Gabi, I had actually got closer to Maddox too because they hung out a lot. I kind of looked up to her a bit- she was kind, and pretty, and a girl. I just liked having other girls around after everything I had been through.

Gabi brought my pancakes upstairs to me and connected to my speaker to play music, lounging on my bed with Maddox. They were not the nicest pancakes but they were better than anything I could make, and I knew she was trying to learn to cook. Plus she covered them in chocolate.

"Ashton! We're going shoppinggggg!"

"Hang on,"

Dad came upstairs and grabbed his wallet, then gave me his card and kissed my forehead.

"Don't go crazy,"

"I will not,"

"We can't make promises," Gabi said, helping me put it in my purse, "We're gonna leave you to be smelly,"

"You just don't get it. Have fun. Oh, take your medicine pumpkin,"

"Don't talk about my medicine,"

He ran to the kitchen and got my water and tablets, then I took them and shoved it back in his hand.

"Have fun,"

"We will!" Gabi said, "Bye!"

I followed them out and we got in Maddox's car, buckling up. She always played pop music, but I liked her car because it was pink inside and it smelt like flowers.

I thought it was really cool that Maddox treated me like a little sister the same way Gabi did. It wasn't like she had Luke or my dad making her do anything, she just liked hanging out with me. They weren't my big sisters but they were like my big sisters.

When we got to the shops, we went and got their essentials first to get it out the way before we could go into the clothes shops. I was starting to be a little less nervous about buying things.I knew I had a lot of things so I didn't need much, but I had space for a top or something.

"Is your holiday hot?"

"Yeah, I need to find sandals,"

"Cool. Are you scared?"

"They're not scary, they're fun," Maddox said, "You will have fun when you go with Ashton,"

"Well I haven't been on a plane before,"

"Me neither. Apparently you're more likely to die in the car than a plane though,"

"What?!"

"Don't freak her out," Maddox said, "Your dad is a great driver. Seen anything you like?"