52

Ally

"I can't sleep,"

Everyone turned to look at me and I took a step back, covering my body with my arms.

"Can I have another chapter?"

"I am gonna head to bed anyway, I will read one," Michael smiled, "Night, everyone,"

I followed him back upstairs and got into bed, holding my teddy tightly. Auntie Sierra had read one chapter, and then Uncle Luke read another, and I couldn't sleep. I was so tired.

Michael tucked me in, then picked up my book and turned my night lamp up so he could read it. He was a very good book reader. I did like Michael a lot, and Calum, but I felt like I needed more time to feel comfortable being with them alone. Even with Uncle Luke I would prefer if Axel was there.

Once he was done reading, he kept my nightlight turned on and left my door propped open, then I heard him getting ready for bed. It actually sent me to sleep.

I wouldn't say I had the best sleep, but I didn't disturb anyone during the night. What dad didn't tell me was that in the morning it would just be Calum and Michael which pissed me off. I ran back upstairs to get dad's dressing gown to wear when I found out, then went back down and stood the other side of the kitchen.

"Morning, honey. What can we get you for breakfast?"

"I'm not hungry," I said quietly, "I think I am going to lay in dad's bed,"

"Do you feel okay? You look really pale,"

I nodded, but felt myself swaying and held onto the door frame.

"Go and sit on the sofa, with this bowl,"

Michael passed me a bowl and lined it with a bin bag, then led me to sit down and gently rubbed my back.

"Here's some water,"

I went to say thank you, but just gagged, clutching the bowl harder.

"If you need to be sick you need to be sick,"

"No,"

"Yes," Calum laughed, "Unfortunately that is the way it goes,"

"I want my dad,"

I put my head in the bowl and started to cry, falling into Calum's side.

"And my stomach hurts and I am mad at everyone and everything,"

"Your dad will be home in a few hours,"

"I am gonna be sick,"

"Go on then,"

I was, then Michael took the bowl and I curled into Calum, covering my face up; he wrapped his arms round me and tried to calm me down but I felt awful.

"I am going to be sick again,"

"Deep breaths,"

"No. I am gonna be sick,"

"Go to the toilet then,"

I sat up, but then threw up again, all over Calum's feet.

I could not describe the fear that ran through my entire body. I felt chills. My bones felt cold. My muscles went stiff.

This was it.

"Please don't hurt me,"

"I am not gonna hurt you,"

"Please don't hurt me. Please don't tell dad. Please don't hurt me,"

"Take some deep breaths,"

"I am gonna throw up again. Please don't hurt me,"

I felt the bowl on my lap- my eyes were squeezed shut, and I threw up. This time from anxiety.

"We are not going to hurt you. You sit back and we will clean Calum up. Try and take some deep breaths," Michael said.

"I am so sorry,"

"It's alright. You're not the first person to throw up on me,"

"I am really sorry,"

"It's okay, honey. I promise,"

"Pinky?"

"Pinky promise," he said, linking with my pinky, "Love ya still,"

"Why?"

"You're family. It's just a bit of sick, Michael's already cleared it up, look. I will change my socks,"

"Okay,"

He smiled at me, and gently pat my head, throwing his socks in the bin. Michael wiped the floor again, then got me some water, and gently stroked my hair. I missed dad.

It was hurting my chest.

"It's been an intense couple of days, hasn't it?" Michael said, "It'll be okay,"

"I don't do very well without my brother or dad,"

"Well it takes a lot of time to be comfortable on your own. You have always had your brother, haven't you? So it is gonna feel really strange,"

"Yeah. That month apart was the worst thing ever,"

"I can imagine... do you think maybe you're having similar feelings right now?"

"Yeah. A bit," I nodded, "We are twins but he really protects me and looks out for me like an older brother,"

"He will get better soon, and you can feel back to normal,"

"Yeah. Thank you, Michael,"

"That's alright. Ah, here he is. Clean socks,"

"I am really sorry,"

"Don't worry about it. Reckon you could have some water?"

"I don't feel well,"

"Oh sweetheart. Get back in bed and we will bring some water and food to nibble on. I will see if you dad knows when he is coming home,"

"Axel is worse off than me,"

"I can stick around to help," Calum said, "You can both have your dad's attention. Get to bed,"

I did as he said, and put my tv on, waiting for them to come upstairs. Michael came with the bowl, and Calum came with buttered bread and water. He took my temperature, then opened my window and helped me have some water.

Then, I felt sleepy again so I rolled over to face away from them and shut my eyes.

"Dad thinks he will be home about lunchtime,"

"Imma sleep until then,"

"Alright. If you need anything we will get it for you,"

"Thanks,"

"No problem,"

"You are good family. I want to sleep now, but you are good family, so thank you,"