to dad, from axel

Hi dad

I hope you enjoy your time with Gabi. You do so much for us, and we know how much she means to you, so we wanted to give you time with her. Luke and Sierra aren't so bad themselves.

Thank you for being patient with me during this time. It has been confusing, and stressful, and quite frankly I have wanted to punch everyone and everything, but I didn't. That is because of you. Partially because I cannot handle the disapproving look you give, but also because of your kindness, and willingness to listen. I know we say it a lot, but I feel so lucky you are my dad.

You have taught me how it feels to be loved, and listened to, and it feels amazing to have a safe space of my own. I feel like I have grown a lot, and Ally too. It is really nice for me to see her trust someone so much because I thought I would always be looking after her. I have seen sides of her that I didn't even know existed, and I am eternally grateful for everything you have done for my sister, as well as me.

One day I am gonna give something back to you, but for now we are doing our best, which I know you will say is more than we even need to do. We want to. It doesn't seem so stupid anymore to think I might be a nurse, and have a family, and that is because of you. I don't know if both of us would even be alive without you.

I think you already know, but you are a really incredible dad, and I love getting to tell people about you.

Love you lots
Ax
X