Chapter 106 (97)

Chapter 097 "The Only Opponent"

Before entering the official competition, the two drivers of each team need to be divided into two groups for qualifying PK.

Athletes in running races all start at the same starting line, which is not the case for racing cars. Since the track conditions do not allow cars to line up and start in a row, many cars have to be divided into two rows and start successively.

How to ensure the front and rear order at the start, whether it is fair to the drivers, this is the role of qualifying.

The results of the qualifying race can determine the starting position of the main race. In layman's terms, it means running fast and starting at the front, running slowly and starting at the back, and using individual strength to compete for the starting position.

At ten o'clock in the morning, 24 racers from 12 teams drove into the starting point of the circular track in two rows. The spectators in the distance were already in high spirits just from qualifying, and shouts and cheers came to the ears of the drivers from time to time.

The F1 qualifying rules adopt a segmented elimination system, which is divided into three quarters, which are called Q1, Q2, and Q3 in the circle.

In the first qualifying session of Q1, the cars of Shen Langting and Yuan Chi were one behind the other on the left side. Two teammates run the qualifying race at close range in order to pull each other's wake, or the teammate who has ensured that they will enter the next knockout round will pull the tail of the lower-ranked teammates.

The F1 competition is different from the provincial competition. This time, it is really necessary to work hard to get an excellent ranking result. It must not be played casually. All participating drivers should put 200% of their energy on qualifying.

The total time of Q1 is 18 minutes. All 22 drivers will participate. There is no limit to the number of times and time. The final result is based on the fastest effective lap speed of each driver within the specified time. This is very different from the provincial competition, but it also gives the drivers enough opportunities to show their strength.

The first round is mainly to select the bottom six drivers with the worst performance, and the rest of the drivers will enter Q2.

For the two participating drivers of the FY team, it can be said that they can enter the second knockout round with ease. Not only the drivers think so, but also the fans in the audience agree.

However, it was Young Master Shen who was omnipotent in their hearts, and the people from City S who had a chance to win the championship in country Y. Their single-lap speed performance was not as good as everyone expected.

Everyone speculated that it might be a problem with the racing car (many people look down on the cars sponsored by the car dealers in S city), or the reason of fuel load (the less fuel the car is, the lighter it is, the faster it runs), or it might be a problem with the engine. Anyway, no one thinks or is unwilling to admit it.

As for why, only Ruan Jingmo was present.

He was worried, and a layer of cold sweat broke out on his back from time to time, as he watched the car he cared most about among the many racing cars intently.

Qualifying has begun!

The referee waved the flag, took the timer in his hand, and began to count the lap times for the drivers.

Shen Langting's racing car is short and tall, with a combination of black and yellow colors, it is very eye-catching as it shuttles across the track. Its speed is so fast that people can't catch its shadow in the blink of an eye.