𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗙𝗶𝘃𝗲

" 𝖳𝗁𝖾𝗇 𝗂𝗍 𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍 𝗊𝗎𝗂𝗍𝖾."

Hold the Line9-1-1:𝘓𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘚𝘵𝘢𝘳 2𝘹03▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Hold the Line
911:𝘓𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘚𝘵𝘢𝘳 2𝘹03
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"𝘽𝙪𝙘𝙠 𝙬𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙪𝙥." Savanna shook Buck's knee cringing at the drool on the window as she climbed out behind Eddie groaning, "I hate Texas humidity." Savanna complained as the humid air hit her full force. Eddie however  was grinning happy to be back on home ground.

"I mean the way it feels. Like getting slapped with a wet towel." Buck complained as well.

"It's called humidity. Welcome to Texas, Buck." Eddie grinned.

"I'm Deputy Chief De Leon of the San Angelo Fire Department, acting incident commander. For those of you just joining the party, welcome."

"Buck, stop staring," Savanna demanded glaring at Buck.

"I'm not staring." Buck denied.

"You're staring." Eddie countered.

"I want to introduce my operations section chief, Captain Owen Strand out of Austin." Chief De Leon introduced.

"The thing we were praying wouldn't happen has happened. The wind has shifted. The fire's now on a collision course with the city of San Angelo. There's a possibility of weather coming in, but we can't rely on it, and we won't. We have one last shot to turn the tide. Here. On Copper Ridge. We cut a containment line here, and we can stop this beast in its tracks. I know you're exhausted. A lot of you haven't had more than a couple hours' sleep in days But on behalf of the city of San Angelo and their 120,000 souls, we're gonna get you up on that fire line and you are gonna cut like hell. Good luck. Stay safe." Captain stand finished.

"Buck. Seriously? Please don't make me report you to HR." Hen spoke looking at Buck who was still staring at the women across from them.

"No, no, I swear I know her from somewhere. It's killing me." Buck told them.

"It's still not polite to stare Evan," Savanna scolded.

• • •

"Where have you guys been?" Buck looked at Hen and Savanna.

"took a tour of the medical unit. Where's Eddie?" Savanna asked sitting on the edge of the truck hen sitting next to her.

"I don't know. You guys abandoned me. Also, why did we drive these trucks all the way here from LA just to park 'em?" Buck asked confused.

"Only way up to that fire line is by foot. Trucks go into the motor pool. Commander De Leon will use them as he sees fit. That's how it works, Buck." Savanna informed him.