𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲

"𝘐 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘴."

Help us not coming: 2x03

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Eddie! Eddie! Eddie!" Buck screamed out as he watched Savanna fall. The feeling of complete terror and helplessness fell over him. Eddie dove towards Savanna just in time to grab the end of the rope that fell out of the window. Savanna opened her eyes when she didn't feel herself splat on the sidewalk. Looking up she let out a sigh of relief when she saw Eddie who had begun pulling her back in. When Savanna was close enough Eddie grabbed her hand pulling her back into the building.

When Savanna was back on somewhat secure ground she let out a big breath, her shaking hands still in Eddie's who watched her closely. "Sav are you good?" Buck's panicked voice sounded as she just gave him a thumbs up as she tried to regulate her heart beat. "Let's not wait for another aftershock, let's go." Savanna mumbled, her grip on Eddie's hand still tight.

Savanna was back in the stairwell leading the way, Eddie behind her, Ali the women they saved right behind him, behind Ali was buck at the end. The only light they have was coming from the three flashlights attached to the firefighters turnout coats "That's it. You're doing great. You've, uh, you've done this before, haven't you?" Buck questioned her.

"Yeah. It was, uh, my major at the Rhode Island School of Design." Savanna had to bite back the laugh from Ali's sarcastic come back. "Sorry. Sarcasm is my fallback for pretty much everything." She quickly apologized.

Buck laughed as his eyes fell on Savanna, "I totally get it." He spoke looking directly at her, Eddie laughed behind her as she sticks her tongue out at him.

"I got you." Buck mumbled as Ali stumbled back.

"Okay. You think he'll still be on the sidewalk when we get down there?" Ali questioned as she stopped moving, making Savanna roll her eyes.

"No. And we're not going out that side, anyway." Buck reassured her.

"Let's hustle up, you two. We don't want to be here for the next aftershock." Eddie spoke repeating the words Savanna spoke back in the room.

"Wait, what do you mean, the next aftershock?" Ali froze.

"Come on." Savanna spoke as she continued to move. "Oh, you gotta be kidding me. We're not getting out this way." Savana spoke looking at the pile of debris that blocked their way.

"Now what?" Ali questioned looking at the buck. Savanna along with Eddie shined their flashlight back up the stairwell. "We go back up." Eddie spoke. "Back up?" Ali questioned.

"Ladder 118, respond. This is Captain Nash. I need a headcount." Bobby's voice came through the three firefighters walkie talkies

"Ladder 118 responding. Diaz, Gray, Buckley, we're good, Cap." Eddie called back.