𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝙏𝙬𝙤

"𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘦𝘥,𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘐 𝘬𝘯𝘦𝘸... 𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘣𝘭𝘦."

The New Abnormal 4x01▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙘𝙝 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝 𝙅𝙪𝙡𝙮 was complete and utter hell for Savanna and Eddie due to not living in the same house as their kids, the world practically shut down due to a deadly virus it started in China in late December and by February it spread across seas and to the United States and by May they had been forced into lockdown.

It spread widely and the effects were deadly, Millions of lives have been taken, and Millions more altered forever. Hospitals were so overrun with people they had to start taking people in based on how severe they were. Healthcare workers are mentally drained and overworked. Everyone was confined to the four walls of their homes only leaving when necessary most jobs had gone virtual. Chimney, Eddie, and Savanna had all been staying in Bucks loft to keep their families safe. Maddie was seven months pregnant so Chimney wasn't taking any chances and Eddie and Savanna knew they were at risk every day at work and didn't want to take any chances with Chris and Sabrina.

Eddie and Savanna's wedding has been on an indefinite hold seeing as it wasn't safe for a gathering, as much as they were upset it was a relief to know they had more time to plan and save money.

September, the world had adapted to a new normal, masks, hand sanitizer, six feet apart, and Zoom meetings but Eddie and Savanna were back at home with Sabrina, Chris, and Nova so that was one less thing to worry about.

"I don't know what to do. I don't think she's ready. Michael says he's seen her go through rough patches, but never like this." Bobby confided in Savanna as he started breakfast.

"Bobby, what happened to Athena was devastating. It made her question everything... Her ability to do the job. It's not easy, places you once thought were safe don't feel safe anymore. There's a reason she drives the L-car, Bobby." Savanna told him.

"No partner," Bobby spoke earning a nod from Savanna.

"And I'm not saying that she doesn't need you, or me, or Michael. I'm just saying that for this particular thing, she has to figure it out by herself. And if I know Athena, she's tired of talking about it. In her mind, there's only one thing left to do. It's the hardest step." Savanna told him.

"Get back out there," Bobby spoke to himself.

• • •

Savanna, Hen, and Chim when doing inventory on the ambulance a thoughtless job Savanna enjoyed when everything began to shake. "What was that? A four?" Hen asked looking around.

"Eh, it felt like a dud. I wouldn't put it at any more than a three." Eddie shrugged putting a bag into the equipment apartment on the truck.

"He survives one 7.1 and now he's an earthquake expert," Savanna mumbled jokingly.