𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗡𝗶𝗻𝗲

"𝖮𝖿 𝖼𝗈𝗎𝗋𝗌𝖾 𝖨 𝗅𝗈𝗏𝖾 𝗒𝗈𝗎,𝖨 𝗀𝖺𝗏𝖾 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝖺𝗇 𝗈𝗋𝖺𝗇𝗀𝖾."

𝘑𝘪𝘯𝘹 4𝘹06
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝙎𝙖𝙫𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙖𝙣 hour late to her shift due to a vet appointment when she walked into the apparatus bay she sighed. "Who let Buck have a clipboard?" She approached Chimney and Hen who were taking inventory on the ambulance.

"Whoever did it needs to be punished," Chimney added.

"AED?"

"Check." Eddie sighed placing the AED into the the compartment.

"Oh, no. Who gave that guy a clipboard?" Hen complained as the three paramedics approached Buck and Eddie.

"Ah, don't worry. It's a kinder, gentler clipboard as is the man who holds it. Meet Buck 3.0." Buck smiled.

"What, three? What happened to 2.0?" Savanna asked concerned.

"Two's leg was crushed by a ladder truck and his girlfriend left him," Chimney answered biting the apple in his hand.

"Still not sure what inspired the software update," Eddie spoke leaning against the truck.

"I'm just ready to let go of the past," Buck announced.

"Your parents lied to you your entire life and you're just gonna let that go? What's your secret?" Hen asked tilting her head.

"Therapy. As in my parents agreed to come to a few sessions with me, work our stuff out. Look, they're trying. I figure I should try too." Buck told them.

"Very mature, Buck," Savanna told him.

"Very Buck 3.0." Buck countered pointing at the blonde woman.

"Okay, I'm not calling you that." The blonde woman shook her head.

"Are you gonna be taking part in these family sessions, too?" Hen looked at Chimney who was munching on an apple.

"Uh-uh. Keyword family, which I am not. Technically." Chim denied.

"You're allowed to give yourself some time, you know. To process." Eddie told Buck.

"I know. I'm just tired of looking behind me. I'm ready to start thinking about the future." Savanna gave Buck an impressed look.

"Speaking of which...Hey, Probie!" Buck screamed and the young man hold books dropped them in fright.

"Oh," Buck frowned going to help him pick up the stack of books he dropped.

"uh... No, no, no, no. Don't worry. I got it." Probie stopped him.