𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗦𝗶𝘅𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

"𝖡𝖾 𝖻𝗋𝖺𝗏𝖾. 𝖤𝗏𝖾𝗇 𝗂𝖿 𝗒𝗈𝗎'𝗋𝖾 𝗇𝗈𝗍, 𝗉𝗋𝖾𝗍𝖾𝗇𝖽 𝗍𝗈 𝖻𝖾.
𝖭𝗈 𝗈𝗇𝖾 𝖼𝖺𝗇 𝗍𝖾𝗅𝗅 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖽𝗂𝖿𝖿𝖾𝗋𝖾𝗇𝖼𝖾."

This Life We Choose 2x16▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

It's Been a week since Shannon Diaz died, Eddie had been encouraged to take a few weeks off but he refused he only took the day of her funeral off, which was today, and he was right back to work.

The whole city of Los Angeles was on edge after a second mail bombing right the 118, police and the bomb squad where responding to a possible bomb at an elementary school. "All right, everyone, as close and as tight to the truck as you can be. All right, stay tucked in, stay tucked in. You guys are doing great." Buck encouraged the small children as they packed into the side of the firetrucks which was acting as a wall to protect against a possible explosion.

"Teacher spotted it out there after recess. Nobody claimed it." Athena approached the four firefighters, Bobby was still under investigation which meant the 118 was short a few members.

"Yeah, but it's not a package. I thought this guy sent his bombs through the mail." Buck spoke.

"Maybe he changed his M.O." Chimney shrugged.

"Or inspired some other crazy." Athena shot back.

"All units, be advised! Fire in the hole." Jim the bomb squad captain announced.

"Stay tucked in." Savanna ushered the children towards the truck using as much as her body as she could to shield them.

"Down, down, down." Buck gestured as the children all squatted.

"Three... two... one." The controlled explosion went off.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa." All the kids tried to see past the firefighters and police to see what happened.

"Stay back, stay back, stay back. Easy." Chimney instructed them firmly.

"Substance appears to be some kind of... grayish paste." The bomb man's voice came over Athena radio.

"It's tuna fish." Everyone turned to a little girl with pigtails.

"Emily. Was that your lunch?" The teacher bent down to her level asking her nicely.

"Yes." Emily asked quietly, looking down.

"Why didn't you say something?" Athena questioned placing her hands on her hips.

"I don't like tuna fish. Am I under arrest?" The first responders let out a collective sigh of relief glad it was only a child's lunch.

"These false alarms are almost more nerve-wracking than the real thing." Chimney stated as they got back into the truck.