𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆-𝗢𝗻𝗲

"𝖨 𝖿𝖾𝗅𝗍 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋𝖾 𝗐𝖺𝗌 𝗇𝗈 𝗉𝗈𝗂𝗇𝗍 𝗂𝗇 𝗍𝖾𝗅𝗅𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖺𝗇𝗒𝗈𝗇𝖾 𝖺𝗇𝗒𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗐𝖺𝗌 𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗉𝖾𝗇𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗂𝗇𝗌𝗂𝖽𝖾 𝗆𝖾."

𝘏𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘈𝘸𝘢𝘺 5𝘹04
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"𝙂𝙤𝙤𝙙 𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜." Dr. Daniels smiled at Savanna who kept fidgeting on the couch.

"Morning." Savanna greeted grimacing.

"We have had ten sessions Savanna and you have yet to talk about the accident... or your husband you avoid every topic about him."

Savanna huffed twisting the ring on her finger, "I got shot so what? Not the first time no big deal." Savanna shrugged nonchalantly.

"You went through a very traumatic event, your whole family did and no matter how much you run from it sooner or later it will catch up, you know that." Savanna bit her lip holding back tears.

"When it does catch up with you this time I'm worried it will push you too far." Dr. Daniels expressed her worry.

"I've got it under control." Savanna plastered a wide smile on her face before glancing at her watch, "That's the end of session I have to get to work." Savanna stood from the couch.

"Savanna–"

"I know, I'll see you on Wednesday."

• • • •

"Morning blondie." Buck greeted Savanna who was the last one there.

"Hey, Buck." Savanna tied her hair into a ponytail leaving the front pieces out.

"How's Chim?" Savanna asked and Buck's smile instantly fell.

At the end of their five-day shift, Chimney got off of work to a video of Maddie telling him she needed time and how she didn't think Jee was safe with her, and since then Chimney had rightfully so fallen into a spiral of his own.

"He's doing his best." Buck nodded.

"That's all any of us could do." Savanna gave Buck and weak smile as he looked at her concerned.

"Attention 118, all units report to major traffic collisions on the corner of LA Vista and Bradley, vehicle versus pedestrians, mass casualty event." Savanna rushed towards the ambo taking the driver's seat to distract her mind from her churning stomach.

• • • •

"Shit," Savanna whispered as she saw the chaos-filled street where a high school parade had been going on. People were crying, screaming, and bleeding, and some were just silent staring in shock.