𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

"𝖸𝗈𝗎'𝗋𝖾 𝗇𝗈𝗍 𝖽𝖾𝖺𝖽 𝖻𝗎𝗍 𝗇𝗈𝗍 𝖺𝗅𝗂𝗏𝖾 𝖾𝗂𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋.
𝖸𝗈𝗎'𝗋𝖾 𝖺 𝗀𝗁𝗈𝗌𝗍 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝖺 𝖻𝖾𝖺𝗍𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗁𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗍"

Broken 2x14
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Savanna was leaning against the bookcase next to Hen as they watched Chimney fold his clothes, He was released from the hospital yesterday evening. "I got stabbed, and it totally sucked." Chimney shrugged, folding a towel. "But then I remembered something a wise man once said: "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

Savanna giggled at Chimney "Ah, wise men of history: Aristotle, Solomon, Dr. King, Bueller, Bueller." Hen mocked him.

"Don't mock me. I'm convalescing. Anyways, Ferris Bueller only had one day off. I have weeks of free time, and I'm determined to make the most of it. Last time I almost died, I didn't get to have any fun at all." Chiney said, frowning.

"Is that why you're turning all your clothes into index cards?" Hen asked.

"Not all of them." Chiney spoke as he gripped a plain white shirt.

"What are you doing?" Savanna asked, concerned.

"I'm trying to determine if this shirt sparks joy, and I did, and it doesn't. And now I thank the shirt." Chim informed them, "Thank you." He thanked the shirt before throwing it into a pile of shirts.

"Okay. You need therapy, Chim." Savanna finally spoke as she took a seat in one of the arm chairs across from the coach.

"You both just almost died. Now you're just gonna prance over to her place and pick her up for dinner like it never happened?" Hen spoke looking at him like he was crazy.

"No. Maddie is coming over here to pick me up, because she is a modern woman. And also, I'm pretty sure they couldn't get the bloodstains off that brick." Chimney grinned as Savanna shook her head with a small laugh.

"So I guess Maddie still sparks joy?" Hen asked with a grin.

"Always." Chimney confirmed with a smile.

"Well, we should get going, it's a big day." Savanna grinned.

"Ah the kids are coming to the station."

•••

"Don't panic, because panic can be more dangerous than flames, toxic fumes or a sucking chest wound." Bobby spoke looking at the group of fifth graders. Eddie and Buck stood on either side of him both in their turnour coats and hard hats while Savanna and Hen stood on the balcony above them in their regular uniformes.