Unsaid by whoringly

Wattpad.com

Unsaid by whoringly ( me )

***

Sam Puckett had a lot of things she left unsaid.

Most of these consist of things she consider 'mushy' or 'icky'. Her best friend, Carly Shay, tended to roll her eyes at her whenever she says this.

And to Sam, the mushiest and ickiest thing to ever exist is a four-letter word.

Love.

The word was meaningless to Sam in many ways. Maybe it was only her who hated it with so much passion, but really, who could blame her?

Love was something she stopped believing in a long time ago. Having a dad who just decided he wants to leave you and does, and a mother who could care less about you tends to do that to you.

Truthfully, Sam had nothing against love. It was just that the word itself leaves her feeling like her stomach is sinking; a rather unpleasant feeling.

And since she didn't like that feeling, the word love has never came out from her mouth. Not even to her twin sister, Melanie, or her best friend of many years, Carly.

But she does remember one occasion where it did.

Oh, she remembers it quite well.

Fredward Benson is many things.

He is a dork, a nub, a genious. But really, he's just known as Sam Puckett's punching bag.

Over the years, Sam & Freddie had also developed a relationship where you can call them 'friends.' Well, at least they seem to be, since Freddie had stopped coming home with ripped sleeves and drenched pants.

And as if that wasn't unlikely enough, Sam & Freddie developed an even deeper relationship. A romantic one at that.

The idea of the two as couples has crossed the mind of every student, and even staff, of Ridgeway High. The chemistry of the blonde and brunette had always been a topic, yet kept to themselves since the certain blonde would not appreciate it.

And everyone, in a way, felt relief when the two finally got together.

They continued on as Sam & Freddie. But this time, they were Seddie. And arguments that usually ended with a beaten up Freddie now ended up in make-outs in the Shay's apartment.

Everything was as fine as can be, but this was Sam & Freddie, when has anything they did turn out fine?

Carly was the most caught up in it all. She might as well have started a couples counseling business with the amount of times she had to referee a fight of Seddie's.

Gibby, poor Gibby, had become the new punching bag. And since Sam really didn't feel much affection for the boy, he felt the full impact of every one of Sam's attack, be it verbal or physical.

Spencer, well. Let's just say that more Wake Up Spencer segments have been happening since the two coupled up and he wasn't getting much sleep.

Mrs. Benson turned crazier, if she could, and made it her life goal to spray Freddie with disinfectant every time he came home. After all, what bacteria could that hooligan Samantha be carrying?

Even though they caused all kinds of trouble, deep in their hearts, everyone was happy for them. They were a pair to be envied, really.

But another reason why Sam doesn't like talking is because words have a lot of impact. And it can cause things that can never be reversed.

***

Standing in the elevator, Sam & Freddie both felt the elephant between them.

Carly"s words rung in their ears and to be honest, the both of them wanted nothing more than to pretend they didn't hear anything at all.

But of course, you can't always get what you want.

Sam took slow, hesitant steps towards the Shay's living room. This is it, Sam thought. Freddie and I are over.

"I love you."

She stopped, mid-step. Incredibly thrown off-guard.
It echoed. I love you, I love you, I love you, ...

And for once in her life, the word didn't make her feel uneasy. Instead, her stomach filled with butterflies, and her chest warmed at the overwhelming feeling.

And for the first time in a long time, she knew. She knew that he meant it, that he did love her.

In a breathless gasp, "I love you, too." She replied. And she meant it, more than anything in the whole world.

For once in her life, she said something instead of keeping it in her heart. It was a risk she took and gave her all. She won't regret it.

So, as she stood there inside the church, tears brimmed in her eyes as she watched the only man she ever loved get married, she smiled forcefully.

"Speak now, or forever hold your peace."

Sam Puckett left a lot of things unsaid.

***

Disclaimer: I do not own anything. All rights are reserved to their respective owners. No copyright infringement intended.

Note: If you are the author of any of these oneshots, and wish for me to take it down, please PM me. No plagiarism intended. All authors are given credit.