[65]

Wednesday.

School was back on and the Noceda kids were informed that Lilith would be arriving. Obviously excited, they could not relax. During lunch, Luz had found Clara with Vee in her arms. "Uh?-"

Clara sighed, "If I put her down, she'll run."

"She's going to get her zoomies out, let her go." Luz ordered.

Clara's ears pinned back as she sighed, setting Vee down. Vee bolted, students then screaming, several groaning in pain as they fell to the ground. Vee bunked into several people, pushing them to the pavement, making them stagger or hit poles, or making them drop their food.

Luz's jaw dropped, Clara following Vee's movements and holding her arm out. She stumbled when Vee charged right into her arm, wrapping both around the pup and picking her back up. "..Now do you see?" Clara exhaled sharply. "If I put her down, she'll continue doing what you just saw."

Vee's tounge was hanging out her mouth, tail wagging a mile a minute. "Lilith's coming over- Did I tell you that?- My aunts coming over to visit! I'm excited- I miss my aunt-- Is it bad that I miss her more than my grandparents? Lilith is the best-" Vee leaned her head back, howling.

Masha covered her mouth, Vee's tail slowing before returning to its earlier speed. "Please. Shut up. Before you start another--"

Vee bit Masha's hand, the kitten yowling and jumping off, Vee squirming in Clara's hold, the golden retriever growling. "Vee!" She barked sharply.

Clamping her mouth shut, Vee drew back in suprise. Masha hissed softly, bapping Vee's head, turning and crossing her arms. "Vee, as much as I hate to interrupt your..Outbursts..You need to calm down."

"I am calm-! Calm as a cucumber- Well it's cool as a cucumber isn't it? Calm as a clam maybe? I dunno but--"

"Vee."

The basilisk covered her mouth, Luz sliding off her backpack and going through it. "Apologize to Masha," Luz pulled a leash from her bag, zipping it back up. "You bit her."

Vee leaned her head back, Masha glancing over her shoulder, "Sorry Masha, if it helps, you taste like sardines." Vee grinned.

"..It didn't but thank you for noticing." Masha pat her cheek.

Luz clipped Vee's leash on, Clara hesitantly setting her down, Vee trying to run away. Luz held her ground, Vee yelping and falling back, groaning. She shook her head, jumping back up and trying to drag Luz along. "Vee Noceda," Luz glanced back. "If you try to run away, I'm telling Lilith you're misbehaving."

Vee stilled, quietly stepping back and heeling, glaring at the ground. "How evil of you to use one of my weaknesses against me. No, how smart of you. I am misbehaving, and this is working. Don't tell Lilith please."

"We'll just have to wait and see if you try that again." Luz said. "And if you do, I'm telling Lilith that you're not listening to me. And Mama."

Vee shuffled uncomfortably on her paws, grumbling quietly and hiding her face in Luz's knee. "..meanie.."

"What was that?"

"Nothing.." Vee mumbled.

"That's what I thought. Come on, Mama packed us lunch today, let's go eat."

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

Lilith took a deep breath, brushing her fur back, "Oh goodness when was the last time I was so nervous for something?-" She spoke softly to herself. "I probably look so insane right now-"