20. Blessing

Truth is / Ned Stark Out now!!

"Daddy, we have something we wanted to ask you." Vaera requested coming into her fathers chambers. 

"We?" Viserys countered rising up from his chair. 

"Larys and I, yes." Vaera agreed. She glanced back at Larys. 

"About your studies?" 

"No about my future, our future." Vaera corrected. "This is a mans job." Vaera nudged him forward. 

"Your grace, I love your daughter." Larys blurted out. Viserys looked between them curiously. What was this about?

"As do I." Viserys agreed. 

"Daddy..." Vaera grabbed Larys hand. "Keep an open mind." 

"Open..." His gaze shifted to their hands. 

"Your grace I would like your blessing to marry your amazing daughter, Vaera. Even though she isnt your heir, I promise to treat her like the queen we both know she is." Larys declared. Viserys tensed visibly. 

"Daddy, I love him." Vaera added softly. Viserys met her gaze. 

"Lord Larys, could you give us a moment?" 

"Of course." Larys was quick to leave them to discuss. 

"Larys Strong?" Viserys questioned as the door closed. 

"We started hanging out more when you left to driftmark." Vaera agreed. "And we just kept getting closer."

"Was any studying actually happening?" Viserys questioned. 

"Yes of course! Larys is serious about his studies with me." Vaera assured. "But I con him into walks and fun by the waters..." Vaera added. "I really love him, Daddy. He's special. He... he became my best friend." Vaera pleaded with him. "He proposed so romantically and daddy, please say yes. You wanted me to choose and instead of going behind your back like Rhaenyra did-" Viserys cleared his throat glancing to the window at Rhaenyra's name. "We came to you together.... what do you think? Please say yes."

"He makes you happy?"

"He does." Vaera agreed. "He treats me right."

"Lord Larys!" Viserys called out. Larys came back in, he moved to Vaeras side his hand slipped into hers and Viserys had never seen Vaera act this way with any man before. "You have my permission and blessing to marry my Vaera... welcome to the family." 

Vaera was on cloud nine until Rhaenyra marched up to her and she fell off that cloud and hit the gravel ground face first. 

"Larys?" Rhaenyra laughed out. Vaeras face fell.

"Whats wrong with larys?" Vaera countered.

"Well look at him. "

"I am. Hes smart and funny and hes kind to me. Plus I think he is very handsome". Vaera added defensively.

"Gods vaera. Larys strong is a cripple-"

"I dont care". Vaera countered. "Since when are you so vain?"

"Please you don't want larys strong. Hes a crippled second born son."

"And laenor was a bargaining chip because you fucked uncle daemon and no one else wanted you." Vaera shouted back. Rhaenyra gasped. "What? I thought we were stating the obvious?" She sassed.

"How dare you!"

"How dare i?" Vaera countered. "How dare you! Larys is a good man. You are just mad father is giving me some say in my husband and im not picking the man you would have if given the choice but its my life nyra. I like Larys." Vaera demanded. "I love him!"

"Why?"

"Probably similar reasons to you liking his brother." Vaera sassed. Rhaenyra rose a calculated brow.

"You have something to say vaera?"

"I already did". Vaera corrected.

"The brothers are nothing alike."

"You are right. One is sworn to his vows a guard and breaks them while the other is sworn to me in everything but the name." Vaera agreed.

"You don't know anything." Rhaenyra hissed.

"No? It was daemon that wrote me asking if the rumors of your illicit affairs were true. If you birthed a bastard of Strong seed. Daemon. All the way across the narrow sea heard of your -" vaera shouted but rhaenyra slapped her and vaera wasn't expecting it. She stumbled back. Larys eyes went wide and he saw red. He swore to kill anyone that touched his vaera but could he kill Rhaenyra? He could. He would. Vaera wouldnt like it though but Larys was already plotting her death. 

"How dare you!" Rhaenyra shouted. "I am heir to the iron throne. My son will rule after me. You will hold your tongue".

"Fuck you". Vaera hissed before turning around. She stumbled into larys and crashed into him. He wrapped his arms around her.

"You didn't hear that right?" Vaera whimpered.

"Oh vaera you beautiful woman". Larys whispered kissing the top of her head. "My vaera..."

"I love you Larys. I dont care what rhaenyra says."

"Well thats good to hear because I love you."

It was addicting having vaeras attention on him.