43 Arranged Marriage

Aegon 10. Helaena 8. Aemond/jace 7. Luke 5. Emma 4. Maisie 2. Mattheo/clara moons

Alicent and Vaeras relationship got much better when she moved out because they never had to see each other.

The only downside was, they had to schedule play dates with  aegon, Helaena and Aemond.

"I feel like we are in an arranged marriage." Aegon remarked. "Having to arrange time to see each other."

"Thats not what an arranged marriage is." Vaera corrected.

"Isnt it?"

"it's when father arrange a union for their children instead of letting them find love. Like Rhaenyra and poor Laenor." Vaera corrected.

"We play together. Oh tea party!" Emma declared. Maisie was always quick to agree with whatever Emma wanted. Vaera saw a lot of herself in little maisie. Always chasing after her big sister. But Emma was nothing like rhaenyra. Emma loved her little sister. Valued her little sister.

"For daddy?" Maisie questioned

"Perfect maisie!" Emma declared "let's get to work."

"Can i help?" Luke questioned.

"We are making a present for daddy!" Emma declared "you can make something for your daddy." Luke debated that before asking if he could make something for his mother instead.

"Why would you want to make something for her?" Emma questioned bluntly. "She a meanie."

"No she's my mother." Luke corrected

"Meanie." Emma corrected "but do what you want. Makes waves for your father. Show him... show him you love him." Emma instructed.

"Okay." Luke agreed.

"What are the kids up to?" Vaera questioned.

"Entertaining themselves it seems." Viserys remarked.

"I'm not a child. Vaera come watch me!" Aegon begged but aemond catch her eye. He smiled running to her. He held her hostage in a hug.

"Hi handsome."

Aegons jaw dropped. She was not allowed to call anyone else handsome.

"I miss you vaera," aemond smiled up at her.

"You are missing a tooth!" Vaera declared holding his cheeks. Aemond giggled.

"I think it's the last one!" Aemond agreed.

"I still see a few baby teeth." Vaera countered kissing his cheek.

"Um vaera!" Aegon begged. What was she doing kissing other men. Kissing his brother! Gah.

"Hi baby."

"He gets hi handsome and I get-" Aegon was ready to start a fight ready to get loud and throw a major tantrum.

"Oh baby." Vaera cooed. Aegons temper softened as she touched his cheek. Vaera was a master manipulator of aegons temper. "What's wrong?" She kissed his cheeks aemond rolled his eyes while Aegon suddenly had hearts in his.

"Nothing im perfect." Aegon assured

"Mama mama! Move!" Emma sassed pushing Aegon aside. "I got something for daddy. We have to-" emma spun around. "Maisie where did you go?" Emma ran off.

Vaera loved that emma chased after her little sister made sure maisie was included.

"I got it!"

"Maisie baby you need a bath what are you covered in?" Vaera declared moving from the boys.

"Paint!"

"Paint?"

"We painted for daddy. Luke something for his daddy too!" Emma remarked proudly.

"Oh thats so sweet. Oh daddy is going to love it!" Vaera gently took the painted project. "Shall we go home? Daddy has your siblings."

Vaera ran to clara and mattheo who giggled up at her. Reaching for vaera she smiled grabbing mattheo first. Her baby boy then clara. A baby on each hip as emma and maisie hugged larys nearly whacking him with the present they designed.

"Oh what's this?" Larys questioned.

"We made it for you!" Emma declared. "Daddy you like it?"

"They painted it for you when they were playing with Helaena." Vaera remarked as larys examined the new cane.

"Its lovely," he agreed looking to his kids. No one could have ever guessed that Larys strong would have been one of the most powerful men in the capital. That he was have married the princess and had the life most men dreamed of having.

"Thank you girls." Larys gave them a kiss as they ean off to play before dinner.

"Thanks for cooking." Vaera added as she sat on the couch feeding the twins.

"We both know you cooking would result in cookies for supper." Larys teased.

"I lived on cookies and i survived." Vaera corrected.

"Still no desire for veggies?"

"I cant believe i ever put that stuff in my mouth." Vaera agreed. He leaned over the couch and she kissed his cheek.

"Girls! Supper." Larys called out and they ran to the table.  Maisie stumbling as she chased after Emma. "Emma can you help me set the table?"

"Yes daddy, here Mais, you take this one." Maisie giggled out holding a cup up and shaking it above her head. 

While Vaera's family sat down for a family supper the capital had many suppers in different rooms throughout the castle. Alicent took her supper in her chambers, her children ate whatever the staff prepared. Rhaenyra sat with her boys while Laenor was out training with the men in the courtyard. Viserys wasnt hungry after the treatments so he stared off into the distance as the darkness filled the air past his balcony. He smiled at the thought that Vaera was having the kind of supper they used to have when she was a child. Viserys moved to the great hall and found his children, taking a seat beside Aemond he picked up a glass of wine. 

"Might I join you?" Viserys questioned. 

"Why?" Aegon countered. 

"Yes father." Aemond corrected. 

"Why?" Viserys laughed out. "Because I need to spend more time with my children."

"Im a little dragon strong and stout. Here is my tail and here is my snout. If I get upset, you better watch you! I'll roar and shout and stomp about!" Vaera sung out, Maisie laughed out as Vaera tucked her in. "Goodnight little dragon."

Vaera smiled laying back on the couch her legs draped over larys. He ran his free hand up and down her leg massaging her tired feet with one hand while he propped his book up.

"Fast sleep." Vaera whispered closing her eyes, referring to the kids. "You want to read me a story? Put me to bed too?"