30. Alive

Emma was alive in the world and vaera was officially a mother and she was terrified that she was doing everything wrong.

"Let me take her and you take a cookie." Larys requested. "You need to keep up your strength. Get some rest, eat some protein too please!" He added as he smiled down at his little girl. He never thought he would get married, never thought he would have a child. he had to keep pinching himself. This was all real and it was more beautiful than he ever could have imagined.

"I cant leave her. She might grow or smile or-"

"Breathe?" Larys pondered. Vaera rolled her eyes.

"Larys," she whined. He smiled back at her shifting Emma in his arms.

"We all go together come on my love you have been up and tending to Emma since you gave life to her." Larys reminded her. Vaera slumped into him. "My beloved vaera..."

"What if something happens when I'm gone and i miss it?"

First time mother syndrome. Thats what larys assumed it was. He rubbed a hand over her back as she kissed Emma's little head.

"I can't miss anything."

"My love you have a lifetime to see everything our little girl does. But not if you don't take care of yourself."

"You are right. Of course you are... okay let's get some food." Vaera agreed.

Vaera froze when she saw the cookies before her, she dropped her sandwich moving to the beautifully decorated cookies.

"These are the special name day cookies? That you've had made special, but I was too distracted by our baby to eat yesterday." Vaera realized. Larys nodded, she was in tears.

"What do you think?"

"They are So beautiful that they make me cry." She sobbed into her cookie. Clearly her hormones were out of whack. Larys hugged her past a sleeping Emma. "Thank you honey!"

A little bear, fox, raccoon, deer, all with little flower crowns

A little bear, fox, raccoon, deer, all with little flower crowns. Helaena smiled up at her reaching a little hand out and Vaera nodded.

"Of course. Tell me they are delicious while I get a hold of myself." vaera agreed. Helaenas hand hoovered over the cookies before grabbing a deer cookie. She took a big bite. Cookie crumbs fell from her lips as she gave Vaera a thumbs up.

"Larys this is beautiful! You are the best." Vaera declared. Larys felt great pride in his ability to woo his wife still.

Alicent rolled her eyes at their display of affection but maybe it was because she was in a loveless marriage much like Rhaenyra and very much unlike vaera so they were not doted upon endlessly rarely were they doted on.

Larys was willing to kill the queen for vaera if she asked. Of course when they spoke of murder it was more rhetorical or theoretical but larys knew one day vaera would ask and he would be ready to deliver.

"Quartering always sounded fun!" Vaera admitted. "Them being ripped apart limb from limb."

Larys loved vaeras dark side. She was the sweetest little devourer of cookies but them don't mess with vaera she had dark thoughts.

"Or beheading. Something involving limbs being torn off in rapid succession."

"I love you." Larys said fondly as he pulled her into a kiss. She giggled into him her arms wrapping around him as Emma cried out.

"I got her." Vaera assured untangling herself from him. Picking up their daughter she got a whiff of Emma's stinky booty.

"Larys," she didn't look back at him instead she changed their daughter her back to him. "Do you think Emma and the other kids will get along?"

"Our Emma is perfect. They would be fools not to love her." Larys assured.

"Rhaenyra is Rhaenyra and Alicent is Alicent..."

"And Aegon is in love with you. He doesn't care what his mother says about you. Don't worry vaera, our Emma will be so loved by everyone. Tall and small alike."

Aegon did love Emma and since Alicent didn't tend to her children they doted on vaera.

"Her hair is so dark. Mother called those other ones what was the word? I don't remain it will come to me," Aegon assured. "Is she like them?"

"No." Vaera corrected. "My Emma is perfect. She is pure and light and... no. She is not Rhaenyra and her children."