21. Not Invited

"No."

"She is your sister."

"I dont want her there." Vaera corrected. 

"Vaera-"

"She not only hit me, she hates Larys. She doesnt get to come." 

"You only get one wedding if you are lucky, are you sure-"

"I'm sure." Vaera declared. "She is not invited to my wedding." 

"Vaera-" Viserys tsked. 

"You want to tell her to be nice to Larys? She won't. She's moody." Vaera corrected. 

"She is your sister, you remember when you were little and you chased her around everywhere?" Viserys recalled. 

"I remember chasing after her because she was always running away from me." Vaera agreed. "I wanted her to be my best friend but she never wanted me- In fact!" Vaera shouted. "I know for a fact that she tried to kill me... twice!"

"The dragons was an accident." Viserys countered. 

"Not the way uncle Daemon tells it- Oh Daemon needs to be here! He is invited!" Vaera declared. 

"Your sister tried to have you killed?" Larys questioned. Vaera leaned into him, his arms wrapped around her. 

"Yeah."

"And..." you wont let me kill her? Larys bit back kissing her forehead. "Heavens. She is not invited if Vaera doesnt want her there. It is Vaera's day, she gets whatever she wants!" larys agreed. 

"Thank you." Varea agreed hiding her face in his chest. 

"Um.. about the dragon incident." Larys whispered. 

"It's a great story about how Rhaenyra wanted me dead, when I was just a child!" Vaera's gaze turned sharply to her father. 

~

"I dont know about her." Rhaenyra told Viserys and Aemma for about the millionth time. "She's... well she's always following me around."

"She adores her big sister." Aemma agreed. Rhaenyra shrugged.

"NYRA!" Vaera declared running on little legs to catch up. "NYRA! Wait for me I got little legs!" Vaera shouted stumbling into Aemma. "Hi mama."

"Hello my little love." Aemma cooed bending down to kiss Vaera.

"Hi Nyra, we play?" Vaera questioned, big violet eyes.

"Sure, but I'm in charge."

"Okay!" Vaera agreed eagerly chasing after Rhaenyra as she marched off. "What are we playing?" Rhaenyra tipped her head from side to side.

"Chicken." Rhaenyra decided.

"Chicken? I'm not hungry yet- well I would eat a cookie." Vaera countered.

"Lets go into the dragon pits." Rhaenyra corrected. Vaera took a step back.

"Calypso is a baby, shes not in the pits." Vaera corrected.

"I know but the bigger dragons are."

"Is uncle Daemon here?" Vaera questioned.

"I saw his dragon fly in." Rhaenyra agreed.

"So why do you want to play with chickens?" Vaera questioned.

"I want to see who can touch Caraxes first." Rhaenyra countered.