Chapter 1

Valentin's POV

I walk through the pack lands, and I try to find a quiet spot to sit.

I had to get out of my grandparents' house for a while, because I know that my parents will be there soon, and I don't want to see them at all.

I have been staying with my grandparents for the last few years, because I was arguing with my parents almost every day.

So, I decided that it will be easier to just stay with my grandparents.

My parents didn't like it at all, and they keep trying to convince the Alpha that I should live with them, even though I'm an adult now.

The only good thing is that the Alpha is my uncle, and he doesn't have a very good relationship with one of my fathers, who's his younger brother.

When I reach a clearing, I quickly look around, and I smile when I notice that a few of my cousins are here.

I quickly walk towards them, and they greet me when they see me.

"Why are you here?" Jeffery asks me, most likely because I don't really like to walk around the woods, especially not alone.

"I got bored." I say with a shrug, and I can see that he doesn't believe me, although he decides not to say anything.

I know that he most likely already knows why I'm here, he knows everything that's going on in the pack lands.

To be honest, I think that he knows more than Denver, and I still have no idea how he's getting to know all of that.

I assume that he steals Denver's documents or something, because I really doubt that one person can hear as many rumours as Jeffery does.

"We saw your parents on our way, and they were walking inside of Carter's house, so you shouldn't go there for a while." Jefferson, who's Jeffery's twin brother, tells me and a few of my other cousins nod in agreement.

"I know, but thanks." I say with a small smile, before I start another conversation.

When it starts to get dark, I decide that I should go back to the house while my cousins stay at the clearing.

I walk between the trees, and I make sure to listen for any unusual sounds, because I really don't want anyone to attack me here or something.

After all I'm an Omega, and not all the people like them, so I have to be careful.

To be honest, I really doubt that I would be able to escape if anyone will want to hurt me.

So, I guess that being cautious is a bit pointless, but I keep doing it, because it makes me a bit less scared to be in the woods.

When I finally reach my grandparents' house, I walk inside and I sniff the air to make sure that my parents aren't here anymore.

When I decide that it's safe, I go towards the living room, where everyone sits on the couches.

There are three of my grandparents, Carter, Timmy and Mason, along with four of my cousins, who live here too.

At least this house is very big, and that means that there are enough rooms for all five of us to have a separate room.