Chapter 48

Nathan's POV

I'm trying to find a guard, and I'm also trying to make sure that no one's following us.

"What are your doing?" She asks me when I pull my phone out of my pocket.

"I'm calling a guard who will make sure that the rest of the kids will be fine." I tell her, but when I try to call the guard, I quickly realise that my phone is dying.

Before I can even call him, the phone dies, and I grow slightly, before I look at the small girl.

I smile at her, and then I start to run to the pack house as quickly as I can.

Before I can reach it, I see a guard and I quickly stop him from walking past me.

"Can your take her to the pack house and tell Denver to find me?" I ask him, and I can see that he wants to ask me about something.

But he must have realised that it's something urgent, and he nods, before he takes the girl from my arms.

I run back to the place where I found the girl, and then I try to find the rest of the kids.

I just hope that whoever kidnapped them won't be able to take them out of the pack lands, because I'm not sure if the guards will be able to find them there.

Not much later, I can smell a scent of blood and I decide to follow it.

When I finally find a clearing where the smell of blood comes from, my eyes widen when I see what happened here.

There are a few bodies of the kids laying around one side of the clearing, some of them are covered in blood while other don't look that bad.

So, I'm not sure if they're dead, although they don't move at all.

I look around and I try to see if someone's here, but I can't see anyone.

I decide that it will be safer to wait for Denver and the guards to come here, and thankfully they find me not much later.

All of them look at the clearing and then some of them go away to walk around, most likely to make sure that no one's here.

And the rest of them walk towards the kids to see if someone's alive.

I decide to wait where I'm standing, and not much later, I can see that no one's trying to save any of the kids, which means that they're dead.

"The Alpha wants to talk with you." One of the guards tells me, so I nod, and then I walk towards the pack house.

When I reach it, I can see that Denver's talking with a guard who that took the girl from me, so I walk toward him, and he frowns when he sees me.

I start to explain what happened, before he even asks me, because I'm already tired, and I want to go back to the house as quickly as I can.

Denver lets me go not much later, and I walk straight to the house, with a few of the guards following me this time, to make sure that I will reach it safely.