Chapter 17

Valentin's POV

We stay in the woods for a few hours, and when we get tired of being here, we decide to go back to the house.

I open the front door for us and then I walk inside, before I swear quietly when I smell that my parents are here.

I should have paid more attention to my surroundings, but I guess that I won't be able to leave now, because I'm sure that they already know that I'm here.

I groan slightly, before I lead my mates to the living room, where Carter, Timmy and Mason are sitting on one of the couches.

When I walk inside of the living room, I quickly notice that my parents are sitting on the couch that's in front of them, and they're looking at me with a slight smile.

To be honest, to have no idea how I should act around them, because when I used to live with them, we used to fight about everything.

But now we don't really talk at all, so I have no idea if we will argue or not.

"I have another mate." I decide to tell them, and all five of them look behind me at Riley and Nathan.

Mason stands up first, and he quickly introduces himself to Riley, and the others do the same, while Nathan and I sit on the couch.

"Weren't you in the cellars? I think that I saw you there not long ago." Carter says and Riley looks at me, most likely not knowing what to say.

"He just stole Nathan's car, and he drove into the pack lands when he noticed that Nathan found him." I say, and Carter laughs.

"Well, I'm sure that Nathan and Riley like each other a lot." He says and I roll my eyes.

"It's not that bad, Nathan's good at ignoring his anger." I tell him, and neither Nathan or Riley decide to say anything to that.

We talk for a while longer before everyone goes to the pack house, because it turns out that they have to talk with Denver about something.

When the three of us are left alone, then Riley turns to look at me.

"Can I have my phone back?" He asks me curiously. "The guards took it away from me when I got here, and I want to call my parents." He tells me.

"Well, I doubt that Denver will give it back before you will become a pack member, because you could easily call someone and tell them about this pack.

But I can give you my phone for a few minutes, if you remember your parents number, although you will have to stay next to me until you will give it back." I tell him, and he rolls his eyes.

"I think that I remember my brother's number, so I can try to call him." He says and I nod, before I give him my phone.

"Hi?" Someone says a while later, and I instantly know that it's the right person, because Riley smiles slightly.

"Hey, it's Riley." Riley says.

"Where the hell are you? I have been looking for you for a few days now." Riley's brother says.

"I won't be back for a while, but I will let you know when I will be able to see you." Riley tells him. "I have to go for now." He says before he hangs up, and he gives the phone to me.