Chapter 18

Riley's POV

Valentin had to leave for a while, because he has to help with something at the pack house.

And it would have been alright, if it wouldn't mean that Nathan and I will have to stay alone for a few hours.

It's weekend, so he doesn't go to work like he had been doing for the last few days.

And the rest of the people who lives here are out of the house too, which definitely isn't helping.

Currently, Nathan and I are sitting in the living room in silence and neither of us are saying anything, we just pretend that we watch the TV, but I'm sure that neither of us is really watching it.

I think that he's expecting me to attack him or something, and to be honest I expect him to do the same.

I'm definitely not strong enough to win in a fight with him, so I'm not sure why he looks this tense.

"Are we going to sit like this for the next few hours?" I ask him a while late, because I really can't stand this anymore.

"I'm not sure what else we can do." He tells me, and I'm surprised that he doesn't sound annoyed.

"I'm sorry that I stole your car." I say, before I realise that I'm not very sorry.

"Well, I'm not sorry, that I stole it, because I really needed the money that it would have brought me, but I'm sorry that it was your car." I say, hoping that he will get what I mean.

I look at him, and I can see that he rolls his eyes.

He opens his mouth to say something, but I stop him.

"To be honest, I'm not really sorry about that either." I say and he looks slightly annoyed.

But I'm not sure if that's because of what I said, or if he's angry that I didn't let him speak.

"If I didn't steal your car, then we wouldn't have been here, and I'm pretty comfortable.

Well, maybe not right now, but this house if pretty good." I say, and he laughs slightly.

"Can you stop talking?" He asks me with an amused smile.

"I'm not talking anymore." I say and, he rolls his eyes again.

"Whatever." He says and then he turns to look at the TV again.

"The car is broken, if you want to know, and I'm surprised that you managed to drive this far." He tells me.

I decide that I shouldn't say anything to that, so I look at the TV for a few seconds, before I look at him again.

"Are you still angry at me?" I ask him curiously, and I really hope that he will forgive me, because I don't want to argue with him anymore.

I most likely wouldn't care if he liked me, but we will have to live together from now on, and I really doubt that it will end well if we won't talk this out.

He looks at me for a while, and then shakes his head, so I smile, before I put on another movie.

So, we can actually watch it, because I doubt that either of us paid any attention to the last one.