Chapter 11

Nathan's POV

Valentin and I walk towards the pack house, because I had to leave my car there, since there's no way to take it to the house where I'm staying with Val.

I have to go to work today, and Val decided that he will walk with me to my car, even though I told him that I can go alone.

When we reach the pack house, I look around the parking lot, trying to find my car.

"I found it." Val says, and I look at the direction that he's gesturing to, before I lead him there.

"Well, I have to go." I say when we're standing next to it, and Val nods, although he has a frown on his face, and I can see that it's not because of the fact that I will be leaving.

"What?" I ask him.

"I can smell something, and my werewolf instincts are telling me that it's my mate." He says, although it sounds more like a question.

"Another mate?" I ask, and he nods slightly to confirm that I headed him correctly, but he still looks unsure.

"Well, we should check it out." I say and he agrees, before he leads me in the direction of the scent.

I really hope that he's just imagining this, because I don't want to share him with someone else.

But I guess that I will have to accept the fact that I will have to share him, if he really will have another mate.

We walk inside of the pack house and then we go through the door which leads to the pack hospital.

A while later, Valentin opens the door to one of the rooms, and we walk inside.

The first thing that I can see is the man that I was chasing after he stole my car, and I groan loudly, although it seems that it's not enough to wake him up.

"You have to go out of here." Someone says and this makes both Val and me look at the two guards who are sitting not far from the door.

"Why?" Val asks the guards.

"Because there's no reason for you to be here." One of the guards says, and I can see that Valentin is a bit scared of him, but he doesn't let him see this.

"I do have a reason to be here." Val says and the guard frowns.

"Then go to the Alpha, and tell him this reason." He says, and then he looks at his phone.

Valentin rolls his eyes, before he looks at the man once more, and he leads me out of this room, most likely to find Denver.

I guess that I won't be going to work again, because I don't want to leave him right now.

When we find Denver, Valentin quickly tells him what's going on and Denver goes with us to the pack hospital, before he tells the guards to leave the room for a while.

Val makes sure to smirk at the guard who he was arguing with, and this makes me chuckle slightly.