Chapter 36

Nathan's POV

I look at Peter with a frown and I try to say something, but Riley starts to talk first.

"Why would that mean that they won't care? I'm sure that they can look after all three of you." Riley says, and I nod.

"No, because my brothers are their real kids, and I'm just a kid that dad had when he was dating his girlfriend." Peter tells us, and he seems uninterested in this conversation.

I didn't know that he wasn't Leon and Noel's kid, and it's a bit surprising, because werewolves very rarely have kids with anyone other than their mates.

To be honest, I never met anyone who's parents weren't mates, although I guess that I might have met them, but I just didn't know about this.

"I'm sure that they don't care about that." I say, and I hope that I'm right.

"Whatever." Peter says, and then he stands up. "I have to go to the pack house, before someone will tell Denver to look for me." He tells us, and then he goes in the direction of the pack house.

I look at Riley and Valentin to see their reactions, and Riley just shrugs while Val looks at the direction that Peter went.

"Should we go with him to make sure that he will actually reach the pack house?" I ask Val, and he shifts back to his human form.

I give him my shirt, so he can cover himself, and I look at him expectantly hoping that he will have an answer.

I don't think that Peter's stupid, but I'm not sure if he's smart enough to not get lost in this forest.

"I think that he will be fine." Valentin says, so I nod, before I stand up.

Riley tries to do the same, but he hisses in pain before he can stand up.

I look at him worriedly, and I can see that there's a lot of blood getting out of his palm.

He looks at it too, and he starts to look like he will be sick.

"Don't look at it." I say, and he looks away, while I help him take his shirt off.

I tie it around the wound, to stop the bleeding, and to make sure that it won't make Riley even more sick.

It seems that he doesn't like to see his own blood, but I don't like it either, so I decide to not laugh at him about that.

"We should go to the hospital." Val says and I nod, but Riley shakes his head.

"I'm not going anywhere." He says, and I roll my eyes.

"Then I'm going to carry you." I say and Valentin chuckles, while Riley glares at me.

"Come on." Val says, and Riley sighs, before he tries to stand up again, this time he uses his other hand to push himself up, and he hisses again.

"What the hell is wrong with this ground?" He asks, and I look at his hand to see that it's bleeding too.