Chapter 8

Nathan's POV

"No, Denver doesn't want the Omegas to leave the pack lands, before their mates will complete the basic training." He tells me.

"Well, I'm not a werewolf, at least not fully, so I won't be able to complete the basic training.

But I'm a police officer, so maybe we will be able to convince Denver to let me take you out of here." I say, and his eyes widen slightly.

"You're a police officer?" He asks me, and I nod.

"Yeah." I say.

"Can we talk to Denver now?" He asks me, and I can see that he's already impatient.

"I have to work." I say.

"Take a day off." He tells me and I consider it, before I roll my eyes.

"Fine, I guess that I can take a day off." I say, which makes him smile brightly.

A few minutes later, we walk towards the pack house again, and we go straight towards Denver, who's talking with a few guards in the main room of the pack house.

"Hi." Denver says with an arched eyebrow, and that's when I realise that he still has no idea that Valentin and I are mates.

"What are you doing here?" Denver asks, but a few seconds later he smirks, which tells me that he's already assuming that Val and I are mates.

"I found my mate." Val tells him.

"That's great." Denver says, and Valentin nods.

"By the way, we wanted to ask you about something." Valentin says.

"Yeah?" Denver asks.

"Nathan, isn't really a werewolf, which means that he most likely won't be able to complete the basic training, so by pack laws he won't be able to take me out of the pack lands.

But he's a police office, so he will be able to defend me if somethings will happen.

Will this be enough for you to let me leave the pack lands?" Val asks, and Denver thinks about it for a while.

"Most likely, but I can't make this decision on my own. I will let you know when we will have the voting about this, and if you want, then you can attend it.

Although I already know what you want, so I guess that you won't have to be there if you don't want to." Denver says and we nod slightly.

"Alright." I say. "And what about that man who I was chasing?" I ask Denver.

"He's in the cellars, because we have no idea what to do with him yet." Denver says.

"Can't I just take him to the prison for stealing?" I ask him, and he shakes his head.

"No, the humans who come here aren't allowed to get out of here, and we have no idea if he saw someone shift or not.

So, I guess that we will either have to kill him, or we will have to make him a pack member, but I don't really like that idea." Denver says, and I roll my eyes.

"Let me know when you will decide what you will do." I say, and he nods.

To be honest, I really hate that he's thinking about killing someone for coming inside of this pack lands.

But I guess that he can't just let someone walk out of here, because there's a very big possibility that he will tell someone about the packnd.

And it will definitely bring the hunters here.