Chapter 45

Riley's POV

I walk toward the pack house with Trevor and the three kids that he was babysitting when we heard the alarm.

"I think that going on a walk was a bad idea." I say, and Trevor nods.

"Yeah, but I didn't know that there will be an attack before we will get back to the house." Trevor says.

I decide to not say anything else, because I know that even though he insisted that we should go on a walk, it's not his fault that we're currently in the middle of the woods.

"Why do they turn this alarm on? I can't hear anything, and I really doubt that anyone else can, so it's not very safe." I say, and Trevor nods.

"I have no idea why it's still ringing, the guards should have turned it on just for a few seconds." He tells me.

We keep walking toward the pack house, and I'm thankful that the kids are quiet.

I'm also thankful that I keep carrying one of Nathan's guns with me when I go outside, because I have a feeling that I will have to use it.

We already heard a few gunshots and they came from the direction of the pack house, so I guess that we shouldn't go there, but we don't have any other option.

"We should have gone back to your parents' house." I tell him.

"It's too late now." He says.

We decided that we should go to the pack house, because it was a bit closer to the clearing that we were at when the alarm started to ring.

And we also though that it will be safer to go there, because I'm sure that some guards are guarding it, while we would be on our own in Valentin's parents' house.

But we have been rethinking this decision for the last few minutes.

When we finally reach the pack house, I walk inside, and I instantly see that there are a few men laying on the ground.

Some of them are werewolves, but most of them are human, so I guess that they're the hunters.

I look around to see if anyone's here, and when I decide that it's safe, then I let Trevor come inside.

We close the door after us, and then we go in the direction of the safe room.

I have no idea where it is, so I let Trevor lead me there, and I keep looking around at out surroundings to make sure that we won't get attacked.

A while later, I can see a door that's open, and a few people are talking inside.

So, I decide to listen to their conversation, and my eyes widen when I realise what going on.

I quickly open that door, and I shoot all of the men who are there, except for one who's tied to a chair.

I already know that he's the mate of Denver's eldest son, and it seems that he recognises me too, because he smiles at me.

"Thanks for saving me." He tells me quietly, and I nod, before I untie him.

When he stands up, I lead him towards the safe room, and we meet Trevor on our way.

We quickly reach the safe room, and I look around to wake sure that Valentin and Nathan are here, then I quickly go towards them.