Chapter 13

Valentin's POV

Nathan and I spent the whole day with Riley yesterday, and today I was planning to spend a few more hours with him, while I would wait for Nathan to come back to the pack lands.

But when Nathan realised that I was planning to see Riley, he decided that he will stay here for one more day.

I have no idea if he jealous, or if he thinks that Riley will hurt me, but I guess that it's both of those things.

I decided to not argue with him about that, and I let him come with me to the pack hospital where Riley's still sleeping.

I force him to wake up  and he's not very happy about that, so I give him an innocent smile which make him roll his eyes, before he tries to go back to sleep.

I sit on the edge of the bed, and Nathan does the same.

To be honest, I expected Nathan to be a bit angrier that I want to come here.

But it seems that he's trying to accept that I have more than one mate  and that I have to make sure that Riley will be alright.

"What do you want from me?" Riley asks us.

"Well, I would like to kill you, but I guess that Val won't forgive me for that, so we will most likely go with whatever he wants to do." Nathan says and Riley just nods.

"That's great." Riley says and I chuckle.

Before I can say something, the doctor come inside and he smiles when he sees us.

Riley groans loudly when he sees the doctor, and doctor Chris chuckles slightly, before he gestures for Nathan and me to move somewhere else.

Nathan brings two chairs and he puts them next to the bed, but I decide to go stand next to the doctor to see what he's doing.

"What happened to him?" I ask the doctor when I see that Riley's back is covered in a bandage.

I already asked him about Riley, but he just told me that he got sick, because it was too cold for him in the cellars, and he never mentioned that he's actually hurt.

"Well, I'm not really sure, and he doesn't remember how he got hurt, but I'm assuming that he moved when his back was against the wall.

And he most likely don't feel it, because the wall was very cold, so it killed the pain." The doctor says, and I nod slightly.

I watch as he takes the bandage off, and I groan when I see that there's a big wound on the right side of Riley's back.

It seems that it wasn't deep enough to bleed, but it doesn't look very good.

"Is this infected or something?" I ask the doctor, and he shakes his head.

"No, it's healing well." He tells me, before he starts to clean the wound.

Riley groans in pain, and I decide to sit next to Nathan, because I really don't like to see the wounds.