Chapter 47

Nathan's POV

I walk through the woods, because I have to go to the pack house to talks with Denver about letting Riley get out of the pack lands.

It has been a long time now, and I'm sure that it's not necessary for Riley to stay here anymore.

I'm sure that Denver already saw that Riley's happy here and that he's not planning to tell anyone about this pack, so I'm pretty sure that he will allow him to get out of here.

But I really want to take Valentin to the city, and I don't want to wait any longer, which means that I will have to ask Denver if I will be able to take Riley already.

I should have called a guard who's number Denver gave me and the rest of Valentin's family.

That guard is supposed to take a few other guards, and come to our house to make sure that we will leave the woods safely.

But I think that I can defend myself good enough, so there's no reason for me to bother him.

When I'm about half way towards that path that leads to the pack house, I can head a cry of a kid, so I decide to check if everything's alright with it.

I just hope that they didn't get lost, because it's pretty cold here, and it's very early, so that most likely means that this kid had to be here all night.

A few minutes later, I can finally see this kid, so I look around to see if someone is around, and when I don't find anyone, then I walk towards her.

"Hey. What are you doing here?" I ask the little girl, before I sit next to her.

She looks a bit scared, but she must have recognised me, because she smiles when she sees me.

"Someone came to my apartment, and he took me here." She tells me, and my eyes widen slightly.

"Can you tell me more about it?" I ask her while I stand up, then I pick her up, so I can carry her in my arms.

"Where are we going?" She asks me.

"To the pack house." I tell her, and she nods in acknowledgement.

"So?" I ask hoping that she will tell me something more, which will allow me to tell Denver what happened to her.

"I was in my apartment, and I heard something in one of the rooms, so I went there to see what happened.

And I saw a man who ran toward me right after he saw me, before he took me out of the pack house." She tells me, and before I can ask her about something, she continues to talk.

"He took me to a clearing, and there were a few more kids, although I managed to get out of there.

But I didn't know where to go to reach the pack house, so I decided to sit and wait for someone to find me." She says, and I nod in acknowledgement.

"When did that happen?" I ask her.

"Not long ago." She says, and I nod slightly, before I start to look around the woods.