Chapter 24

Riley's POV

I look at the kids who are sitting next to me, and I wonder how I ended up taking care of all of them.

Valentin agreed to babysit some of his younger cousins, but he's not here at the moment, because he had to go to the bathroom.

And Nathan had to go to work, so that left me alone with the three kids.

The good think if that they're already talk, because it seems that they prefer to talk to me instead of making me play with them.

"Why do you look like that?" One of the boys asks me.

I think that his name's Taylor, but I'm not very sure about that, because it might be the name of one of his siblings.

"Like what?" I ask.

"Like you're sick or something." He tells me, and one of his brothers nods.

"You look weird." He says.

"That's because I'm a bit ill." I tell them, although that's a lie.

I don't feel very well, but that's because of the fact that I took drugs, although I doubt that I should tell kids about that.

"Are you a human?" Hank asks, and I nod slightly, before I look at the doorway to see if Valentin's already coming back.

I almost groan when I see that he's still not here, but then the front door opens and Nathan comes here.

He frowns when he sees that I'm here alone with four kids, and he chuckles slightly when he sees my expression.

"Where's Val?" He asks me curiously, before he greets the kids and he sits next to me on the couch.

"He went to the bathroom." I say.

A few seconds later, I can hear that Valentin is coming downstairs, so I smile slightly.

"You should go upstairs to rest for a while, you don't look very good." Nathan tells me and Valentin agrees, so I decide to do that.

Nathan decides to make sure that I won't kill myself on my way there, and I guess that it's because of the fact that I can't really keep my balance.

"I think that there's something wrong with me, I have taken some drugs before, and I never reacted like this." I say and he shrugs.

"The doctor said that you will be alright." He tells me and I frown, because I don't really remember going to any doctor.

I decide to not tell him about that, but he chuckles slightly, before he explains that they took me to the doctor after I fell asleep in Denver's office.

Nathan leaves me when I reach the bedroom, and I decide to lay down on the bed.

Although I quickly get bored, so I decide to sit next to the window, hoping that I will see something interesting.

When I see the trees, I quickly groan, because I forgot that I'm in the middle of the woods.

I decide to stay there anyway, so I sit on the desk chair, and I look at the clouds.