Chapter 12

Riley's POV

I can feel that someone's shaking me, so I open my eyes with a groan, and I look up to see who's bothering me this time.

I still don't feel very well, but at least I'm not cold anymore.

"Who are you?" I ask the man who's standing in front of me.

"I'm Valentin." He tells me.

"Shouldn't I be in the cellars?" I ask him with a frown.

I can't really remember how I got here, but I guess that someone had to let me out of there.

"Well, I guess that you're a bit sick, so you will have to stay here for now." Valentin says.

I look at him for a while, before I look around the room that were in.

I quickly realise that I'm in a hospital, which make me look at him again.

"What's going on? Why are we here?" I ask him, before I groan slightly.

I really don't want to deal with all of this, I just wanted to get some money, and I ended up in some cellars in the middle of the woods.

Before he can answer to my questions, I realise that the owner of the car that I stole is standing behind him, and my eyes widen.

"Are you going to take me to prison?" I ask him, and he smirks slightly, although he quickly stops when Valentin gives him a stern look.

"We're not taking you to the prison. As I said before, you will most likely have to stay here for a while, and then I will make sure that you won't go back to the cellars." Valentin says.

"Can't we just leave him in the cellars for a while longer?" The other man asks with a pout, which almost makes me laugh.

"He's my mate. Would you want me to leave you in the cellars, if you were a human and the guards would have caught you?" Valentin asks him with a slightly angry expression.

"Whatever." The other man says, and he rolls his eyes.

"Aren't you a human?" I ask him with a chuckle. "You look like a human. Do you have a wolf that hides inside of you or something?" I ask him, and his eyes widen slightly.

If I didn't suggest something that's not possible, then I would have thought that I have guessed correctly.

"We're human too." Valentin says.

"Partially." The other man says, and Valentin glares at him.

"Nathan, if you will say another word then I will kick you out of here." Valentin says and Nathan rolls his eyes again.

Then he sighs and he goes to the other side of the room, so he can sit on one of the chairs.

"We're human, don't listen to him." Valentin tells me and I nod slightly, although I don't really believe him.

I talk with this man for the next few minutes, and I try to figure out what's going on.

To be honest, I think that I guessed wrongly, because there's no chance that Valentin is a werewolf.

Although I wouldn't be very surprised if he shifted into a squirrel or something.