Chapter 38

Riley's POV

I lay on the couch, waiting on someone to come back to the house, because I'm bored, and there's not much that I can do without using my hands.

The doctor cleaned them and he had to use a few stitches, because one of the wounds was a bit deeper than the others.

My hand is covered in small wounds, and I really doubt that they will heal quickly, so I guess that I have to get used to not being able to use my hands.

Doctor Chris also gave me some painkillers, but they aren't helping very much.

At least not for long, so my hands are hurting when I move then, and sometimes even if I don't move them at all.

I wonder if I should take a few pills at once, but the doctor said that I should take just one a few times a day, so I guess that it's not a very good idea.

About half and hour later, my hands feel like they're about to fall off, so I look at the clock to see what time it is.

And when I see that it's nowhere near the time that Val or Nathan will come back.

Then I decide that I will have to take another pill, even though I took one not long ago.

Thankfully, the pill makes my hands stop hurting, but it lasts just for a few minutes like I expected.

I groan when my hands start to hurt again, and I decide to take two more pills.

This time the pain stops for a bit longer, and about two hours later, when the pain starts again, I decide to take a few more pills.

A few minutes later, I start to feel weird and I instantly start to panic, since I guess that it's because of what I did.

I guess that it's too late now, and that I will just have to wait for the effects to end, it's just the painkiller after all.

And I relay doubt that something will happen to me because of taking it, even if I took a bit too much.

I lay back on the couch and I look at the ceiling, before I start to feel tired.

I decide to close my eyes for a while, so I can rest before Val and Nathan will come back.

I just hope that they will be back before I will wake up, because I don't want to be bored again, at least not today.

When I'm bored, I feel the pain more than when I have something to do, but it's hard to find something to do when I can't use my hands, and when I'm in constant pain.

I try to open my eye when I hear that someone comes into the house, but I quickly realise that I'm too tired to do that.

Not much later, I can feel that someone's shaking me, most likely trying to wake me up, but I can't even move.