Chapter 22

Nathan's POV

I look at Riley, while the guard drags him towards the pack house and I consider if I should try to help him or not.

To be honest, I'm starting to like him, but I'm also angry at him for taking the drugs.

He told me that he was going on a walk, because he wants to find a few friends.

And it looks like he managed to find some friends, but that's not the kind of friends that I want him to have.

"Do you have to take him to the Alpha?" I ask the guard, and he nods his head slightly, so I groan, before I turn to look at Riley.

"Now Denver will lock you in the cellars again. Why are you so stupid?" I ask him, and his eyes widen.

He looks at me with a scared expression, before he tries to get out of the guard's grip.

He manages to do that, because the guard didn't expect him to fight, but I quickly catch him.

He bites my arm, most like trying to make me loosen my grip, but I don't let him go.

"Calm down." I say, when I notice that he's shaking sightly.

"I don't want got go to the cellars again." He tells me, and he starts to cry.

I look at the guard, hoping that he will help me with this, but he just rolls his eyes and he gestures for me to follow him.

I try to make Riley walk, but I quickly realise that it won't work, so I pick him up and I carry him to the pack house.

He talks about some nonsense, but he falls asleep before we reach the pack house.

I try to find my phone, but I quickly realise that I don't have it, which means that I must have left it in the house.

I groan slightly, because I was hoping that I will be able to call Val so he could deal with him instead of me.

"Where are we going?" Riley asks me although I'm not sure if he's awake or not, because his head is still laying on my shoulder and he's eyes are closed.

"To talk with the Alpha." I tell him, and he quickly opens his eyes, as if I just reminded him of what's going on.

"I don't want to go to the cellars, it's cold there." Riley tells me.

"Well, I'm not sure if Denver will actually make you stay into he cellars, but if he will, then that's your fault." I say and he groans slightly.

"I will be sick." He tells me, and I barely manage to let him stand on his own, before he throws up.

The guard looks at him with a unamused expression, before he tells me to wait here, and not much later he comes back with Denver.

The guard tells him what's going on, and Denver rolls his eyes, before he helps me take Riley to pack house.

I just wonder how Valentin will react to this, but it seems that I will get the answer to that very soon, because right after we walk inside the pack house, my eyes land on him.