Chapter 31

Riley's POV

I walk downstairs earlier than usually, because I couldn't sleep, so I decided that I will make some breakfast for Valentin and Nathan.

And I hope that this will make them less annoyed at me when I will wake them up, because I'm sure that I will be bored soon.

When I walk next to the living room doorway, I quickly notice the gun, which is laying on one of the shelves, so I take it in my hands and I look at it with a confided expression.

I have no idea what a gun is doing here, but I guess that it's Nathan's, although I think that there's also a possibility that it's Carter's.

I put it in my pocket, because I don't want any of the kids to find it, and then I make the breakfast.

When the food is done, I look at it for a while and I wonder if I should actually wake Valen and Nathan up, because it's still very early and I don't really want to be this mean.

I sigh in frustration, and then I go to the dining room, so I can eat a few of the sandwiches.

Then I leave the rest on the table, along with a note to let Valen and Nathan know that it's for them, in case that they will wake up before I will be back.

I put on my jacket, and then I go out of the house, before I walk into the woods.

It's a bit cold now, but I guess that I should have expected it, because it's still very early.

I decide to walk around the woods, and I can't believe how many people are already awake.

I have already passed more people than I would have if I went on a walk at any other time.

"Hey!" Someone says loudly, so I turn around to see what's going on.

I can't see anyone, so I guess that this person wasn't calling me.

I decide to ignore it, but a few seconds later, I hear that someone's screaming, although it seems that another person's covering their mouth.

I have no idea if I should run away, or if I should see what going on, so I stay in the same place, and I look at the direction that the sound came from, hoping that one of the guards will hear it.

When I hear the scream again, I decide that I will have to check it out, because I really doubt that I will forgive myself if I will let someone die.

I just hope that I won't die instead of them, because I really wouldn't want that to happen.

A few minutes later, I can see two guys who are standing near something.

I look at them, while they laugh about something, but I can't really hear much.

I stand there until one of the guys moves, and then he kicks the thing that's laying in front of him.

I quickly realise that this thing is actually the person who's screams I heard, because they move slightly, and I can hear their groan.