Chapter 15

Riley's POV

We walk for a while, until we reach a big house, although this one definitely isn't as big as the one that we were in before.

I look at Riley while he unlocks the front door, and then I walk inside after him.

Valen and Nathan lead me to the living room, and we decide to sit on one of the couches.

"So?" I ask, hoping that someone will finally tell me what's going on.

Valen and Nathan look at each other and they look like they're trying to decide who will tell me this, before Valentin looks at me again.

"You won't be able to leave the woods for a while, so you will have to stay here." Valentin says, and I try to ask him about the reason, but he starts to talk again, before I can do that.

"You're in a werewolf pack and the Alpha won't allow you to get out of here. Well, he will let you leave one day, if he will be able to trust you.

But that's just because you're my mate, and this means that you and I are supposed to be together.

Nathan's also my mate, but I guess that we won't be able to find out if you're his mate too.

Because you're a human, and he's not fully a werewolf." Valentin tells me and I frown at him.

"That's great." I say sarcastically.

"I wouldn't say that it's great, because it means that we will have to stay here together.

But I guess that we will manage to do that somehow." Nathan says, but I decide to not even look at him.

"Can I see your wolf?" I ask, although I'm sure that he won't be able to shift into a wolf, because I'm sure that it's not possible at all.

Valentin looks slightly uncomfortable, which assures me that he's lying.

"I can shift if you want, but I'm not as big as most of the werewolves, because I'm an Omega." He tells me.

"That's alright." I say, even though I have no idea what an Omega is.

He nods slightly, before he stands up, and he reluctantly stands a few feet away from me.

"Laugh at him, and I will kill you." Nathan whispers and I just nod, before I move a bit to get away from him.

I look at Valentin again, and I can see that his bones are starting to move, which makes me frown.

Not much later, a puppy is standing in front of me, and he's surrounded by Valentin's clothes.

I look at the puppy with wide eyes, while Nathan goes towards him and he picks him up, before he puts him on the couch between us.

"He won't bite you." Nathan says. "It's still Valentin, but he just looks different." He says, and I reluctantly touch the small wolf.

I really have no idea what's going on, but I'm sure that the wolf is real and I'm pretty sure that I saw Valentin shift into this wolf.

Thankfully, Valentin shifts back not much later, and this allows me to question him about everything.