Chapter 2

Nathan's POV

I walk around my house quietly, and I try to make sure that no one's in here.

When I came back from work, I quickly noticed that someone was in my house.

Firstly, the key to one of my two cars was gone, and also a few things weren't in their usual places.

I still didn't find anything that's missing, except for the car keys, so I guess that the person who broke into my house either wanted to just take the car, or they didn't have enough time to steal anything else.

But I guess that they have chosen a bad person to steal from, because I'm a police officer, and I have a gun with me.

I also actually know how to use it, so I really doubt that this person will be able to get away from me.

I look out of the window, and I can see that both of my cars are still parked in their usual spots, so I will have to keep an eye on them.

After all, if someone came here to steal a car, then they will have to get to it, before they will be able to drive away.

I just hope that they realise that this car isn't in the best condition.

It's new, and it was very expensive, but it already broke, so I was going to return it soon, but I really doubt that this person knows about that yet.

I open the bathroom door, because that's the last room downstairs that I haven't checked yet, and I look around, trying to see if someone's here.

Right after I enter the room, someone closes the door and I can hear that they locked it.

I look at the key hole, and I swear when I see that the key isn't there.

I quickly go towards the window and I try to open it, but it seems that it's locked too, although I quickly remember that I locked it, not that person.

I open the closet under the sink, and I take out the key, before I open the window with it.

I jump out of the window, and I quickly run towards my cars.

When I get to the front of the house, I can see that a young man is driving away with one of my cars.

I would have shot one of the wheels, but they're very expensive, and if I want to give the car back, then it shouldn't have any holes in it.

And I doubt that this man will have enough money to pay for it, so I guess that I will have to catch him.

I quickly get inside of my other car, and I take my phone out, so I can see the location of my other car.

Then I start to drive towards it with a slight laugh.

I thought that I will have a boring day, but I don't really mind that this man made it a bit more interesting.