Chapter 16

Nathan's POV

Valentin, Riley and I decided to wait on Carter and the others to come here, because we want to introduce Riley to them.

But after about half an hour, all of us were bored, so we decided to go on a walk first.

I know that Riley saw Valentin's wolf, but the other wolves are a lot bigger, so I hope that it will scare him at least a bit.

I still think that he should be punished for stealing my car, even though he didn't damage it anymore.

I spoke with the Alpha about it when the guards caught Riley and me, and Denver said that he will make sure that Riley will get a punishment for stealing it.

I have no idea why he even cared to talk to me, because I'm not a part of his pack, or any other pack.

I guess that he must have liked me for some reason.

But now I'm sure that he will rethink his decision of punishing Riley, because he's Valentin's mate.

So, I will have to punish Riley myself, but I have to do it in a smart way, because I don't want to make Valentin angry.

When everyone is ready, we go outside of the house, then Riley and I let Valentin lead us through the woods, because we don't know this pack lands.

Not much later, we reach a clearing and Valentin tells us that it's the training grounds, which means that the pack members are training here.

"Then why are all of those people here?" Riley asks him, and I want to know that too.

In my former pack no one was allowed to be on the training grounds, even if no one was training.

"Well, Denver lets us sit here if there's no training, and it's the most popular hang out spot in this pack, but we're not allowed to leave any mess here.

So, if you will ever come here, then make sure that you will take everything that you brought with you, because otherwise you won't be allowed to come here again." Valentin says.

"Alright." Riley says, and I just nod, because I really doubt that I will come here again.

I don't like the woods very much, so I doubt that I will be coming here very often.

"And you should remember that there are a lot of guards here, most of them are even dressed in normal clothes.

So, better go somewhere else if you don't want them to know what you're talking about." Val says, before he leads us towards the side of the clearing.

We sit down for a while, and Valentin tells us about some of the more important laws.

Because he has to make sure that we know all the important laws, before we will be able to officially join the pack.

I already know most of them, because they're not very different from the ones at my former pack.

But I know that Riley won't be able to remember most of them, because he already has a bored expression on his face.