Chapter 7

Nathan's POV

I look at Val, who's sleeping next to me, and I wonder if I should wait for him to wake up, or if I should make some breakfast for us.

To be honest, I don't really know this house yet, and I didn't get a chance to meet anyone who lives here, because Valentin and I fell asleep, before they got here.

So, I guess that it won't be a very good decision to just go downstairs.

I decide to watch a movie on my phone, and not much later, Val wakes up, and he smiles at me.

"I'm hungry." He tells me and I chuckle.

"Same as me." I say, and I watch as he groans slightly, before he stands up and he goes towards his dresser.

"I really doubt that you will be able to wear any of my clothes, so I guess that we will have to go to the pack house to get some clothes for you." Val tells me, and I nod slightly, before I put on my clothes from yesterday.

After we dress, Valentin goes inside of the bathroom, while I wait on him in his bedroom.

A while later, someone knocks on the door, and they open it, before I can even consider if I should do it.

"Good morning?" A man asks me.

He has a frown on his face, but then he smiles slightly.

"Are you Valentin's mate?" He asks me, and I decided to nod slightly.

"It seems that I'm his mate." I confirm, and he walks inside of the room, before he extends his hand towards me.

"I'm Carter." He says.

"Nathan." I say, before I shake his hand.

"Well, the breakfast is ready, so you and Valentin can go to the dining room if you want." He says and I nod slightly, before he leaves the room.

When Val comes back, we decide to go down the stairs.

Valentin introduces me to everyone who lives here, and then we eat a few of the sandwiches, before we go towards the pack house.

"Why aren't you living with your parents?" I ask him, because I'm pretty sure that he mentioned his parents and brothers before, although it seems that he's not living with them.

"I prefer to live with Carter, Timmy and Mason." He says with a shrug, so I decide to nod, even though I would like to know more about it.

When we reach the pack house, Val leads me towards one of the rooms where we find some clothes for me.

We take them back to Valentin's bedroom before we decide to watch the TV.

"I guess that I will have to go to the city for a while." I tell him and he frowns.

"Why?" He asks me.

"Because I still have to work." I tell him.

Thankfully, this pack is pretty close to the city that I live in, so that won't be a problem.

"You don't have to work anymore." He tells me, and I roll my eyes.

"I want to work, I don't want to live here for free." I say and he groans. "But I will be back in a few hours. "I say and he nods reluctantly.

"I wish that we could just move to your house. I would like to see the city." He tells me.

"You haven't seen the city?" I ask him, and he shakes his head.