Chapter 29

Valentin's POV

I glare at Riley when he comes inside of the living room, and he smiles at me, before he sits on the couch right next to me.

Nathan's sitting on my other side, and he has an amused look on his face, which doesn't go away even after I glare at him.

"What do you want this time?" I ask Riley, and he groans slightly, before he rests his head on my shoulder.

"I'm bored." He tells me, and I roll my eyes.

I got my heat a few hours ago, which means that I won't be able to go outside of the house for the next few days.

And I have already told my mates that they can go outside of they want, but it seems that they decided that they will stay here with me.

I have no idea why Nathan took a week off from work, but I decided to just let him stay here, because I really doubt that he will have a better time to stay here.

The good thing is that the heat never really affected me, so I'm not in pain, and I'm not feeling sick like some of the other Omegas.

Also, my mates aren't werewolves, which means that the heat doesn't affect them at all, although were still not sure how Nathan will react.

So, this means that we have a week to spend with each other, and I can say that I don't like it.

The only problem is that we can't do much here, and Riley is very easily bored, so it's difficult to keep him entertained.

"How does the birth work for an Omega?" Riley asks me.

"Well, the pregnancy lasts about four and a half months, and then I would have to push the kid out.

But it could take even a week, not just a few hours." I say and Riley's eyes widen, same as Nathan's.

"I thought that the doctor would cut the kid out." Nathan says, and I shake my head.

"He would if someone asked him to do that." I say, but then I realise that it's not really the truth.

"Well, he most likely wouldn't, but I'm sure that Denver would be able to make him do that." I say, and Nathan rolls his eyes slightly.

"I don't really like this doctor. When will someone replace him?" Nathan asks me, and I chuckle.

"Most likely when Peter will be old enough to replace him." I say.

"Who's Peter?" Riley asks me, and I look at him with an unimpressed expression.

"The boy that was talking to you for almost an hour about the medicine, when he came here for a while along with two other kids." I tell him.

"Yeah, I remember him now." He tells me, and than he shakes his head in amusement.

"Is he planning to become a doctor?" Riley asks me.

"I think so. He's learning with doctor Chris, so I guess that he wants to be a doctor too." I say and he nods, before he decides to turn the TV on.