Chapter 27

Valentin's POV

I have spent a day with Riley a while ago, so I decided that I should spend some time alone with Nathan too.

I wondered where I want to go with him, and I know that I can go outside of the pack lands now.

Which is something the I wanted to do as soon as possible, but I want Riley to go with us too, and he can't leave the pack lands for now.

So, I decided that I will take Nathan to a building which is near the pack house.

This building is mainly used by the guards who want to learn how to use the guns, so they can help when the pack will be attacked.

Most of those guards are men who aren't very strong, because Denver know that if there will be a very big attack, then they will have to help.

And a lot of the men won't be able to survive long, despite the fact that all of them have to complete the basic training.

Lately, the girls started to learn how to use the guns too, although I'm not sure if Denver would actually allow them to help with the attack.

I guess that they know that he won't have much choice if we will be losing a battle.

After all, if all of the men will die, then there's not much chance that anyone else will survive.

I already asked Denver if I can use the room for a while, and he reluctantly allowed me to do that, before he gave me two guns and a bag of bullets.

I have no idea how to use a gun, but I know that Nathan will be able to show me how to do it, so I drag him towards the building, before I unlock it.

"Why are we here?" Nathan asks me when he looks around the room.

He seems to like that we're here, and I can see that he's looking at the two guns which are laying not far from us.

"I want you to show me how to shoot." I tell him, and he looks at me for a while, most likely to see if I'm serious.

Then he nods slightly, and he gestures for me to follow him.

He takes one of the guns, and I take the other one, before we turn towards the targets which are already hanging on the other side of the room.

He shows me how to load the gun, and then he shoots at the target, almost hitting the middle.

I try to do the same, but I don't even manage to hit the target, and I lose my balance, which make me fall to the floor.

Nathan chuckles slightly, which make me glare at him.

He helps me stand up, and the he shows me how to aim, before I try to shot again.

This time, I manage to hit the target, although the hole isn't even close to the middle, which make me groan, before I shoot again.