Chapter 26

Riley's POV

I sit on the couch, and I wait for Carter to come back to the living room.

I still have to stay in the pack lands, but Valen and Nathan have to work, so that leaves me alone most of the days.

I was expecting to spend another day on the couch, but Carter already informed me that he has a day off.

And that he expects me to hang out with him, so I guess that I don't have much of a choice.

To be honest, Carter is a nice guy, and he isn't very stern, so I guess that it won't be that bad.

When he finally comes here, he gestures for me to follow him towards the front door, so I do that reluctantly.

"Where are we going?" I ask him, and he looks at me for a while.

He looks like he doesn't know if he should tell me anything about this, or not, which make me consider staying here.

He quickly locks the door, and he puts the key in his pocket, before he continues to walk towards the woods.

"I'm not going anywhere with you if you won't tell me where we're going." I tell him, and he groans, before he turns to look at me.

"I wanted you to hang out with me and Valentin's siblings, because they're not very close to Valentin.

And I'm hoping that maybe you will be able to convince Valentin to hang out with them more often." Carter tells me and I roll my eyes, but I decide to walk towards him.

Not much later, we reach one of the smaller clearings, and Carter leads me towards the two guys who are sitting under one of the trees.

I have already met them, or more like I was introduced to them before, but we didn't talk after that, so I have no idea what to expect from them.

Although I guess that they will be nice to me, because it seems that they're here because they want me to convince Valen to hang out with them too.

They smile when they see us, and they stand up to greet us.

"What happened to your arm?" I ask Trevor a while later, because he has a cast on his arm, which isn't very normal for a werewolf, since they heal very quickly.

"I'm not really sure. I was running away from a rogue who managed to get inside the pack lands.

And after the guards helped me kill him, they told me to run to my house, because there was a possibility that there were more rogues in the pack lands.

But before I reached the house I fell and I broke my arm, although it doesn't want to heal like it should." He tells me with a shrug, and he doesn't seems very bothered by that, so I decide to just nod.

The four of us talk together for a few hours, until Carter tells me that he has to go back.

I let him leave, but I decide to stay with Trevor and Gabriel for a while longer, because they're actually nice to hang out with.