Chapter 35

Nathan's POV

Valentin just told us that he will have to run in his wolf for for a while.

That's because apparently his bones are starting to hurt, because of the fact that he didn't shift for a long time.

So, Riley and I decided to go with him, because I really doubt that he will be able to run quicker than us, considering the fact that his wolf is very small.

Riley and I are already waiting outside, and Valentin went to the bathroom, but I can see that he's already walking towards us.

When he reaches us, he closes the door and he shifts to his wolf form, before he gestures for us to walk.

Riley and I walk quickly and it's enough to make Val have to run, so I guess that we won't even have to run with him after all.

Which is good, because I'm not sure if Riley would be able to run for more than a few minutes.

I chuckle slightly, and this makes Riley look at me with a frown, but I shake my head, silently telling him to not ask.

We walk on the path that leads to the pack house, but then Val sees a few people who are walking in our direction.

And he decides to run into the woods, before they can even see him.

I sigh slightly, and I follow him along with Riley, who doesn't seem to notice that Valentin's uncomfortable.

I know that he was hoping that we won't see anyone, because he doesn't want people to laugh at his wolf.

He didn't actually tell me anything like this, but I know him enough to know how he feels.

And I'm sure that Riley would know that too, if he was looking up instead of looking at his feet.

About half and hour later, I can see that a teenage boy is sitting on a rocky, not far from the path that we're walking on.

So, I stop Val and Riley, before I gesture to the boy who's looking at the ground.

He doesn't seem to realise that we're here, and his eyes widen slightly when notices that Valentin runs towards him.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him, before I sit next to him.

To be honest, I think that I remember him from somewhere, and when I think about it a bit longer, I quickly realise that it's one of Valentin's cousins.

"Nothing." He tells me, and he looks back at the ground where he was drawing something with a rock.

He's already a teenager, but I still doubt that he should be here alone, especially now when I'm pretty sure that he should be at the school, which is in the pack house.

"What happened?" Riley asks him, and the boy just shakes his head.

"Nothing happened." He tells him.

I decide to sit next to him and Riley does the same, while Valentin looks like he wishes that he took some clothes with him, so he would be able to shift to his human form.

"You have to tell us what happened, or we will have to take you to Denver, so he can find your parents." I tell him.

"They won't come here anyway." He says.

"Why?" Riley asks. "Peter, you have to tell us what's going on, because we can't leave you here alone." He tells him, and Peter rolls his eyes.

"They have my younger brothers to look after." He tells us.