Chapter 46

Valentin's POV

I look up when I smell Riley's scent, and my eyes widen when I realise that he's here.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him and he sits next to me, before he turns to face me.

"Trevor and I went on a walk with the kids, and when the alarm started ringing, we were closer to the pack house, so we decided to come here instead of going back to the house." He tells me.

"Are you alright?" I ask him, and I try to find an injury, but it seems that he's not bleeding.

"I had to kill a few people, and I saved Rhett, but I'm not injured." He says, and I nod slightly.

We sit in the safe room for a few hours, until Denver finally come here, and he tells us that it's safe enough to get out of here.

I already know that we won't be allowed to go into the woods on our own for the next few weeks.

And I groan when I realise that I'm now living in the woods.

I will most likely have to call a guard every time that I will have to go out of the house, and I'm sure that it won't take long for me to get annoyed about it.

The fact that I'm an Omega won't help at all, and neither will the fact that I'm living with my parents.

Nathan arches his eyebrow at me, silently asking me what's wrong, and I just roll my eyes, before I gestures for him to follow me towards my grandparents' house.

Riley and a few of my cousins are walking in front of us, so we decide to walk a bit quicker to catch up to them.

A few minutes later, we reach my grandparents' house, and we decide to end the conversation, because we will have to go in a different directions very soon.

Although before we can walk into the woods, I can hear that one of my uncles is calling my name, along with the names of my cousins.

I turn around to see that he's sitting in the back yard of my grandparents' house, and I smile when I see that a lot of our family members are here too.

I guess that we will have a family night, but I should have guessed that, when I realised that the guards weren't interested in coming with us.

I roll my eyes, same as the rest of the people that I'm with, and we go towards the back yard, before we sit next to the house.

A few of the kids come over to greet us, and most of them are happy to be here, although some of them look a bit scared, most likely because of the attack.

To be honest, it's not something that happens often, but it had been happening a lot more in the last few years than earlier.

I decide to talk with the kids, and not much later, they manage to convince me to play soccer with them.

So, I follow them towards the path, where the ball is laying on the ground.