Chapter 39

Valentin's POV

When I walk out of the pack house, I intend to go straight to the house, but I can see that dad's carrying my mate towards the pack house.

"What happened?" I ask him.

"I'm not sure, I tried to wake him up, but he's still asleep. I guess that he took too many painkillers.

Because the bottle was laying next to him, with just a few pills in it." He tells me, and I nod slightly, before I follow him into the pack hospital.

I let the doctor take Riley to one of the rooms, while I stay in the corridor, and I call Nathan to let him know that he should come to the pack hospital when he will come back from work.

About half an hour later, Nathan comes here and I tell him what happened, before we silently wait on the doctor to come back.

Dad waited with me for a while, but he had to go back to his house, because he promised to babysitter some of my cousins, which left me here alone for a few minutes.

Not much later, the doctor comes out of the room, and he looks a bit tired.

"Is he alright?" Nathan asks him and the doctor nods slightly.

"He will be alright, but he's unconscious for now. You can see him if you want, as long as you won't stay too long." He tells us and I nod, before I stand up along with Nathan.

We thank the doctor, and then we walk into the room, where Riley is laying on the bed.

He doesn't look very well, but the doctor said that he will be fine, so I decide to believe him.

Nathan and I sit next to him for a few minutes, and we scold him slightly for taking too many pills, even though we know that he most likely can't hear us.

A while later, we decide that we should go back to the house, because both of us are hungry, and Riley is sleeping anyway, so I doubt that he needs our company.

Right after I open the door which leads to the corridor, I can head some movement.

When I look back, I can see that Riley's sitting on the bed, although he looks like he really shouldn't be doing this.

Nathan quickly goes towards him, and he catches Riley right before he can fall from the bed.

The doctor comes inside of the room, and he tells me that I should wait in the corridor.

So, I gesture for Nathan to go come with me, and we wait for the doctor to tell us if Riley will be alright.

A few minutes later, he tells us that Riley's asleep, and that we should let him rest.

So, I open the door slightly to see if he's really sleeping, and then Nathan and I walk toward the house.

I just hope that Riley won't have to stay here for long, because I don't think that he will be happy about it.

And I know that the wounds are annoying him already, so this will make it a lot harder for Nathan and I to be around him.