Chapter 40

Valentin's POV

Riley's still in the pack house, but he's feeling a lot better now, and I think that he will remember to not take a lot of pills at once again.

Although I really doubt that I will let him have any pills from now on.

Now, Nathan and I are packing our things, because I talked with my parents, and I decided that it will be better if we will live with them for a few weeks.

That's mainly because Riley's hands are still injured, and I don't want to leave him alone again.

But both Nathan and I are working, along with all of my grandparents, so no one can stay with him in the house.

And I just got to know that my brother will be babysitting our cousin's kids for a few weeks.

Because Tyson, who's my cousin, has to work, and his mate has to work with him a lot of times, so that leaves no one to take care of the kids.

So, apparently they decided to find a babysitter for the kids, and that's for some reason is my brother.

When we're done packing, we take the most necessary things with us, and we walk towards my parents' house, which is a bit far, but I guess that we will have to manage.

To be honest, it would be a lot easier for me to carry anything if I wasn't an Omega.

But I decide to not complain about that, which is new for me, because I usually complain about it whenever I can.

When we reach the house, we go straight to my bedroom which is upstairs, and this means that we have to carry everything with us.

When we finally reach my room, I sit on the bed and I look at Nathan.

"I guess that it's enough things for a while, we can go back to get a few more after I will rest, which will be in about a week." I say, and he just shakes his head at me.

"We barely took the things that we will need for the next few days, so we will have to get a few more things soon." He tells me, and I groan.

"We should go to the pack house to see Riley, maybe we will be able to take him out of there this time." I tell him and he nods in agreement, so we go to the pack house, where Riley is already waiting on us.

He looks a lot better with each day, and even though he still looks a bit sick, he isn't as bad as he was before.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him, because I didn't expect the doctor to let him walk out of the pack hospital.

"The doctor said that I can go back to the house, but he wants you to talk with him first.

So, you should go see him, and then we will be able to go." He tells me and he sounds impatient, so I roll my eyes and I walk toward the pack hospital to find the doctor.

A while later, I go back to where I left Nathan and Riley, and the three of us go back to my parents' house.

"Where are we going?" Riley asks me, and my eyes widen slightly when I realise that I never told Riley that we will be moving.

I quickly explain to him what's going on, and he doesn't look very happy, but he accepts it anyway.