Chapter 5

Valentin's POV

Both of them frown, but my mate nods reluctantly, so Denver decides to leave us.

"What do you want to talk about?" He asks me curiously, most likely wondering why a stranger would want to talk with him.

"Are you a werewolf?" I ask him, and he rolls his eyes.

The annoyed expression is back on his face, and he looks like he wants to punch me.

"I think that you're a bit too noisy." He says, and he tries to walk away, but I run towards him.

"Wait." I say and he groans, but he stops walking anyway.

"What?" He asks me, sounding a bit harsh.

"You're my mate." I tell him.

I would have preferred to tell him this in a different way, but I doubt that I would be able to keep him here for long enough.

His eyes widen slightly, before he frowns at me.

"Are you sure?" He asks me, and I nod slightly.

"Will you talk with me now? I really want to know why you aren't able to tell that I'm your mate." I say, and he groans again, before he nods.

"Where do you want to go?" He asks me, and I gesture for him to follow me towards my grandparents' house.

I know that no one will be there for the next few hours, so I guess that we will be able to talk alone there.

We stay quiet the whole way towards the house, but we start talking right after we sit on the couch.

"So?" I ask him, hoping that he will finally tell me what's going on.

"I'm a son of a werewolf and a human." He tells me. "I have some werewolf instincts, but they're very weak, because my wolf is kind of dormant." He says.

"Kind of?" I ask him.

"Well, I don't really know much about it. I just can't shift, and my werewolf instincts are very weak. So, I guess that I'm more a human than a werewolf." He tells me, and I nod slightly.

"Do you live in a pack?" I ask him, and he shakes his head.

"I was kicked out, because the Alpha said that he doesn't want any humans in his pack." He tells me with a shrug.

"And what about your family?" I ask him curiously.

"Well, my parents died a few years ago in a rogue attack, and I didn't really have any contact with my brother since I left the pack, so I have no idea if he's still alive." He tells me, and I nod in acknowledgement.

"What's your name?" I ask, and I laugh slightly when I realise that I forgot to ask him about this before.

"Nathan." He tells me.

"I'm Valentin." I say and he nods.

"I know, the Alpha said your name when he was talking to you." He tells me and I chuckle slightly.

"He's my uncle." I say, and his eyes widen slightly.

"No way." He says.

"Yeah, and this is the house of the former Alpha." I say.

Nathan just shakes his head, and I can tell that he doesn't really believe me, although I decide that I don't care about it enough to try to convince him otherwise.